Respected Contributor

Re: Cher and Bob Mackie split

On 3/14/2014 kachina624 said: It's nice to know he's too busy designing for us to waste his time on Cher. I keep wondering if he's winding down, getting ready to retire. He always seems kind of tired and beaten down these days. They canceled his appearance tonight.

Totally agree! Cher is a loon.

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2014 sidsmom said:

Classic case of Hollywood trying to create drama where there's....no. drama. This is Bob's quote:

Bob Mackie has opened up about not designing the costumes for Cher's latest tour. The legendary designer tells Us Weekly, "Nobody wanted to design this last tour more than I did! I am sick about it. My professional and business commitments were just too great. There simply was not enough time to give this wonderful project the proper amount of care and attention it deserves. After all these years of collaborating, it is like turning down your own little sister, and how many guys have a little sister like Cher."

That sounds like Bob. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

So he's busy and costumes for a whole tour would be extremely time consuming .... that doesn't mean he'll NEVER do anything for her, ever again. They might collaborate on something down the road ... who knows?

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 kachina624 said: It's nice to know he's too busy designing for us to waste his time on Cher. I keep wondering if he's winding down, getting ready to retire. He always seems kind of tired and beaten down these days. They canceled his appearance tonight.
Designing for "us"? He use to design some really cool things for QVC, but the last couple of years it's all matronly, plain, nondescript items
Occasional Contributor

Cher puts on an amazing concert. I'm going to see her in July. I'm really sorry to learn that Bob Mackie won't be a part of the tour as previously announced. Cher and Bob Mackie are a classic spectacular show pairing!

Super Contributor

Oh wow! We're seeing her at the Honda Center July 9th?
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a fuss about nothing.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2014 champagnepoodle said:

That is terrible of him

Why is it terrible of him? Did you read what he said? He wanted to do it and he couldn't due to other commitments and how busy he is.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 3/15/2014 Ranchergal said:
On 3/15/2014 champagnepoodle said:

That is terrible of him

Learning to say NO is a part of good health.

I agree, Ranchergal. Bob is 73, after his knee surgery a few yrs ago, he is probably ready to take it easy. I imagine the ordeal of tour costumes is more than he wants at his age. Nothing wrong with saying no.

Contributor

Seriously, didnt she have a "last tour" years ago? I loved her back in the day, but she will do anything for attention. Good for Bob that he knew his limits and said no, knowing she would take it to the web for further attention.