Honored Contributor

Check out this skirt (G.I.L.I.)

I'm still not adjusted to time change and was up late last night and saw some of the G.I.L.I. show.

One of the items was a wrap skirt ... really unfortunate choice of fabrics for the two prints.  Both the video and the "catalog" shots show the problem.

For both prints - the wrong side of the fabric shows through the wearers legs and it just looks awful.  I really wonder about some of these people who "design" clothing ... do they actually look at the finished product?

No problem with the solid colors.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Check out this skirt (G.I.L.I.)

@ALRATIBA 

I was watching with you!😏 but I kept nodding off! LOL

Respected Contributor

agree  do noy know what happened to the GILI line

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA , I agree with your assessment as it relates to the inside of the fabric being seen via a garment’s design.  This is one of the reasons I hate printed fabrics - in asymmetric designs, the wrong side will show.  Also a problem with printed designs on stretchy fabrics is that the design will stretch and show the base color of the garment through the print.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Yes, it looks horrible.  I doubt that Jill has any kind of design background.  Frankly, I am sick on the high/low hems in tops and skirts.  Who came up with this silly idea?  It never looked good to me.

kindness is strength