Honored Contributor

Charlize In Louis Vuitton

[ Edited ]

She wore this gown with coordinating sequined headband to the Costume Designers Guild Awards.

EPdo3bKVAAAUyI4.jpeg

012920-LOTD-Charlize-Theron-Lead.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Charlize In Louis Vuitton

@Greeneyedlady21 

It reminds me of the Oscar statuette! 

Honored Contributor

I don't like it at all. The cuffs, armbands look totally out of place and I don't care for the neckline/bow either.

The upper armbands look like Nazi attire and the belt with what looks like a plastic circle on it.....Louis Vuitton, really?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I would like this dress so much better without the sleeves. I LOVE her headband and hair and of course she would be beautiful in a ratty bathrobe.

Valued Contributor

I love it!  I find it gorgeous on HER.  

Honored Contributor

I think this looks awful.

Well, I guess people really do have different tastes because she wore it and must have thought it looked great.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I do not like the sleeves at all.  It's a rather drab gold but then it could be because I am lookig at it online.  Charlize would look beautiful in a soft yellow.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't like the arm bands which were put there for design, yes, but I'm guessing unity.  The body of the dress is quite nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Respected Contributor

It seems that celebrity women featured in a lot of these posts have dresses that drag on the floor and create safety hazards, esp. where steps are involved.

If these dresses are on loan to them, I hope they get dry cleaned before being sold to some unsuspecting customer.

The majority of dresses and gowns I have seen need major redesign effort.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill