Valued Contributor

Re: Changes to Returns on HSN regarding their Credit Card

I just got the email with the changes and it sounds like the spendable Kash needs to be used within 90 days. 

Honored Contributor

also note that the return shipping labels will now cost $7.95 and $9.95 beginning 1/15/16 as stated on the hsn website.

30-day Satisfaction Guarantee!

We stand by every product we sell and we want you to be completely satisfied with the purchase you make, but we understand that sometimes an item just needs to be returned. If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.

Note: Returns made after the stated return policy period will be returned to the sender.

To assist you in the return of your item, please click here for Easy Return instructions.

Select items cannot be returned. When applicable, this will be specified at the time of sale.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Darn, I didn't get the letter yet. Should have known that party wasn't going to last too long 😄

Respected Contributor

On a positive note, I won't be buying clothes I don't need anyway. Good, working on that this year. I'm about done with home shopping anyway. Time to hit the stores again if I need anything. 

Honored Contributor

It's still more than you can expect from the Q...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

also note that the return shipping labels will now cost $7.95 and $9.95 beginning 1/15/16 as stated on the hsn website.

30-day Satisfaction Guarantee!

We stand by every product we sell and we want you to be completely satisfied with the purchase you make, but we understand that sometimes an item just needs to be returned. If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.

Note: Returns made after the stated return policy period will be returned to the sender.

To assist you in the return of your item, please click here for Easy Return instructions.

Select items cannot be returned. When applicable, this will be specified at the time of sale.

Returns are not 'fun' for anyone. With the unknown nature of online shopping, coupled with inconsistent sizing, it's becoming too costly to try something new from Q or H-a new vendor with no reviews, or jeans that you want to fit perfectly or shoes/boots that must have a good fit for comfort & wear. 

So now, in some cases like DG2 that always has high s&h, $7 for that bonus sweater from the recent TS, an HSN return could cost me as a customer $15. Big pause. I typically wait for reviews now to reduce my chance for returns, and have cut back on what I've been purchasing from Q & H.

Would rather buy at Nordstrom or other retailers that have more 'friendly' customer policies. I laugh when I hear the hosts promote 'try it for 30 days, no problem', sure as long as you are willing to lose $10-$20 to 'try it' Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up buying clothing from HSN quite some time ago ... sizing was too inconsistent and I just couldn't take the awful smell of the chemicals thrown in.  

The Q is not far behind, either ... I think I've reached my plateau, even with Linea.   Actually, buying from top-tier  online retailers with "free" shipping is how I'm doing most my shopping now.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  I will be mindful of my purchases so I don't go over the 6 items a year.  Limits are good and I need to try to abide by them for my own good!

I didn't know this.  I'm glad O/P shared.  I didn't have reservations about purchasing from HSN due to the s/h being refunded into spendable cash.  I buy often from HSN.  I'll have to be more mindful as I wasn't aware of this!  BUMMER

Thanks

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@elated wrote:

That is much better than QVC when you get charged for using the return label and also the shipping and handling charges. They are discouraging you from returning any item. So I would not complain about a change in their policy.

I wasn't complaining, just wanted people to be aware.

HSN's policy of giving the $5.00 spendable kash credit is only for those with an HSN card.  No one else gets that perk.

Right now, HSN is the only shopping channel that still refunds original s/h  on a return.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if that doesn't change soon.

I think it would be a big mistake if HSN stopped refunding original shipping. They have a big advantage over the other shopping channels, and they shouldn't give that up!

They probably had far too many impulse purchases that turned into returns.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It's still more than you can expect from the Q...

ITA Stevie!