Honored Contributor

Changes to Returns on HSN regarding their Credit Card

For anyone who has and HSN charge card, did you get a card in the mail the other day about the changes to the return policy?

In the past, if you purchased VIP Easy Return eligible items using an HSN charge card and you returned the items using the prepaid return label, HSN gave you a spendable Kash credit in the amount of the return label. 

Now, HSN will give you a spendable Kash credit in the amount of $5.00 and only 6 times a year.  

This new policy begins with any returns post marked January 31, 2016.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changes to Returns on HSN regarding their Credit Card

I imagine shoppers were taking advantage of the policy so they had to limit it.  If you return more than that you shouldn't be buying online.

Esteemed Contributor

That is much better than QVC when you get charged for using the return label and also the shipping and handling charges. They are discouraging you from returning any item. So I would not complain about a change in their policy.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!  I will be mindful of my purchases so I don't go over the 6 items a year.  Limits are good and I need to try to abide by them for my own good!

Honored Contributor

yes, i received it. i will miss the the old return rules, but it is nice that hsn did not get rid of the refund entirely......and it is a lot more than qvc does. thank goodness i am not a person who returns a lot anyways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

That is much better than QVC when you get charged for using the return label and also the shipping and handling charges. They are discouraging you from returning any item. So I would not complain about a change in their policy.

I wasn't complaining, just wanted people to be aware.

HSN's policy of giving the $5.00 spendable kash credit is only for those with an HSN card.  No one else gets that perk.

Right now, HSN is the only shopping channel that still refunds original s/h  on a return.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if that doesn't change soon.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@elated wrote:

HSN's policy of giving the $5.00 spendable kash credit is only for those with an HSN card.  No one else gets that perk.

Right now, HSN is the only shopping channel that still refunds original s/h  on a return.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if that doesn't change soon.

I think it would be a big mistake if HSN stopped refunding original shipping. They have a big advantage over the other shopping channels, and they shouldn't give that up!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

The only reason I took HSN up on the offer for their own in house credit card was for the return shipping credit.  Before I used my Discover Card as there were times they gave a 10% (and occasionally a 15%) rebate. If the time comes where they no longer give a return shipping incentive, I will cancel my HSN card. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@elated wrote:

I think it would be a big mistake if HSN stopped refunding original shipping. They have a big advantage over the other shopping channels, and they shouldn't give that up!

I agree but I wonder if not refunding the original s/h has cost QVC money? 

HSN is paying to send items to customers and if they are refunding all of that on a return, you would think they have to be taking a hit in that department?  I don't know.

I just know that while I hope it doesn't stop, it won't surprise me if it does.  I can't think of any other company at all that charges s/h, that will refund that s/h on a return.         

Trusted Contributor

Are you saying that effective 1/31/16, you can only make 6 returns per year with HSN?  If that is the case, my buying with them will be extremely limited.  I would no longer purchase shoes or clothing from there, since it's always a gamble whether or not a piece of clothing and/or shoes will fit.