Honored Contributor

Chanel Sublime Haute Coutoure 2020 Explained

Conversations with the fabric "artists" as they show us hand painted flours, handmade buttons and the discussion of their amazing work as they put on the spring show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPkS9SVVVw

I wanted several items out of this show!!!

What do you want?????

Honored Contributor

Re: Chanel Sublime Haute Coutoure 2020 Explained

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   Hope you had a nice Mother's Day (well, as nice as possible). Chanel? Girlfriend, I wake up to black and white couture and gorgeous buttons...both my favorites!! My choice was a black & white houndstooth or plaid (can't remember since eyes glazed over with "want") longer blazer/jacket with v neck and lapels....a menswear style. 

I was puzzled by the black flats and white ankle socks, especially with a wedding dress...but it's a show and art. Since I don't do skirts/dresses and didn't see many slacks, the jacket was my favorite. 

Enjoyed the show. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   When we were in Paris (last trip about 5 yrs. ago), I found a shop selling "Coco" knockoffs. The clothing was an easy NO, but I did snag a white camellia fabric pin (suede and silk) that I still wear on a black jacket or sweater. I also purchased a book about her since I guess I copied the Chanel style many years before I realized it...black and white, strands of pearls, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Thanks for posting this!  Lovely, lovely.  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus The hosiery and footwear got me too.  I don't know any woman that wants to look like she's five years old when she gets married.

Mary Janes look so juvenile after 12, I don't care who the vendor is.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus The hosiery and footwear got me too.  I don't know any woman that wants to look like she's five years old when she gets married.

Mary Janes look so juvenile after 12, I don't care who the vendor is.

@ECBG   Uh, change the Mary Janes to age 5 or 6. My granddaughters ages 8 & 11 wouldn't give them a second look by that age.