Honored Contributor
  • It's designed to be a wedding dress, but I can see it as just a beautiful gown. I love the butterflies. Number of buttons is not practical, but this gown is not meant to be practical.

People.com

The fashion industry has come to expect a spectacle during the finale of Chanel Haute Couture shows, with the late Karl Lagerfeld sending a supermodel or two down the runway in extravagant wedding gowns year after year — and Tuesday's Spring/Summer 2021 show was no different.

During the intimate Paris Fashion Week event, Virginie Viard — who took over as creative director of Chanel after Lagerfeld died in 2019— introduced this year's bride Lola Nicon on a majestic white horse.

The model donned a satin wedding gown embroidered with rhinestone-and-pearl butterflies and a tulle veil as she rode side-saddle down the runway accompanied by a horse trainer.

image (1).jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Chanel Haute Couture Gown

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   I love thtis. It's simple, beautiful fabric and clean lines. If I wore dresses or gowns, I would choose this.... on sale. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think it's perfect for a winter (or colder weather) wedding. I love it.

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous gown but my body won't do it justice.

My money can be the down payment on our new house.

Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about it.  Too much material in the wrong places, long sleeves and those buttons!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

It's very elegant and I like the butterflies too!🦋

Honored Contributor

very very elegant!!!!

Respected Contributor

LOVE! So simple yet so elegant, wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I could make a large cape with 2 feet of length hemmed off the bottom!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Although I love a unique design for bridal wear.  This dress just doesn't say bridal to me.  I actually thought it was some sort of coat or topper until I actually read your post.  I'm not fond of the print on the satin fabric either.  The horse, however, is beautiful and I think he takes the attention away from the gown, IMHO.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown