Honored Contributor

Re: Certain Styles Of Clothes Remain

About the time you were wearing this suit I was a hippie wearing granny dresses and no bra, and no shoes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to you all who were kind.....much appreciated. I will remove it soon..... and leave a fun photo instead.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

--

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

@151949@Andreatoo@lulu1@Snicks1@cherry

Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite I think it's a great pic.  You look terrific -- and very stylish.  I love it!

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 Thanks so much.....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Wow that was another lifetime.  Things have come full circle with war, protests and yes, clothing.   There were many styles in one era, pretty like this picture, hippie, beatnick, flower child, braless and shoeless and sure, half naked.  My sisters and I wore dresses to high school.  Pants weren't allowed in school then.  I knew a girl that was at woodstock, she sort of stayed in that groove.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 No, we could not wear pants to school either....my parents would not allow me to shave my legs even...LOL...........very strict....Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoowrote:

@cbritewrote:

I look back at this suit of mine when I was 24...it's a classic.. off white knit with dark blue and maroon red striping... I have a better photo somewhere to see the colors, but it's still my style today. Such quality. It's professional looking as well.

ME long ago suit in style still.JPG

@cbrite

Beautiful! How tall are you?

@ALRATIBA  and I discussed this a while back but just because you're older doesn't mean that your taste has changed! So you modify for any changes in your body.

For example the legs I have now call for a longer skirt! LOL

@Andreatoo

Right .... when JFK was in the WH, my winter casual was cords and turtleneck.  Today ... I'm wearing cords and a turtleneck 

Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 No, we could not wear pants to school either....my parents would not allow me to shave my legs even...LOL...........very strict....Smiley Happy

Hi @cbrite

It was a big deal when my high school finally allowed casual clothes, including pants for girls, on only one day a week.  They actually called it "Grub Day"!  

I do remember some girls' parents wouldn't let them shave their legs.  One girl was only allowed to shave up to her knees.  Those were the days.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.