Respected Contributor

She has a beautiful voice and seems like a nice person.  As long as her private parts are covered, she has the right to wear whatever she wants.

And...when you are a public figure, and you put yourself out there....people are going to talk.  And what they are going to say about that weird  getup isn’t going to be flattering.

Respected Contributor

Re: Celine -- Fashion

[ Edited ]

What strikes me the most is how uncomfortable it would be to have to maneuver wearing all this fabric. I see plenty of ugly outfits and have probably worn a few myself, but this is almost akin to an adversary throwing down the gauntlet—I dare you not to admire me! 

Honored Contributor

CD has not been right since her husband died, she's just too far out there these days in her dress. I know it's only clothes, but for a woman of her stature to be expressing herself in this way IMO is bizarre and a cry for help.

Contributor

I also agree that when her husband passed she starting dating a much younger person so maybe she thinks this new fashion style makes her look younger but with her weightloss and these new fashion foes she looks a mess

Respected Contributor

I think the problem runs a lot deeper than her lack of fashion sense.  Very sad.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I can't stand to look at those people who are so thin.

Makes me sad that people will allow themselves to look like cadavers.

Drink Ensure if you don't have appetite. I think there is something seriously wrong with her. Just think of the example she sets for young girls who are so easily influenced by celebrities.

She looks so old and withered. Shame, crying shame.

First, I doubt "young girls" even know or care much about a 51 year old woman, let alone, are influenced by her. 

Second, she's not here to be an example to anyone but her own kids. 

Third, what exactly has she done to be a bad influence on anyone? 

Esteemed Contributor

Celine, it is still over 2 months until Halloween.

Or is she working undercover as a trash collector?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I honestly believe she has gone off the deep end since the death of her husband.He became her manager when she was 14 years old.She spent her entire adult life with him.I suspect he not only ran her career but basically her entire life.

I think it’s very sad to see her flounder like this. She is a brilliant talent, & has a charitable heart.I hope she gets some help & finds her way. Her children need her to be healthy & strong.💐

@NicksmomESQ 

I agree. I don’t follow her but I’ve seen enough without trying to feel concerned for her health in more than one way. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I can't stand to look at those people who are so thin.

Makes me sad that people will allow themselves to look like cadavers.

Drink Ensure if you don't have appetite. I think there is something seriously wrong with her. Just think of the example she sets for young girls who are so easily influenced by celebrities.

She looks so old and withered. Shame, crying shame.

@SharkE 

Do you have the same aversion to the morbidly obese among us?

Honored Contributor

A few of you ladies mentioned that she started this fashion trends after her husband passed away.  I believe you are right and she is in need of help.

kindness is strength