Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have never thought she was well dressed. Audrey Hepburn was always a very thin person, and she  knew how to make the most of her body type. She was always chic, and well turned out.

As far as I am concerned .Celine doesn't

@cherry  ..Audrey Hepburn was always a small petite framed lady.... but not ever skeletal.   There is a difference between THIN and SKELETAL.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  she suffered from anorexia. She was very ,very, thin. She knew  how to dress to her advantage. Givenchy was her favorite designer, and he made her look marvelous

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@SeaMaiden  she suffered from anorexia. She was very ,very, thin. She knew  how to dress to her advantage. Givenchy was her favorite designer, and he made her look marvelous

@cherry   yes, some anorexics wear several layers of clothes not only to stay warm, but  to appear less noticeaby thin.   Audrey did cover it up well.  Celine seems to flaunt her bones  rather than try to appear less thin. Or perhaps she looks in the mirror and sees herself as just fine.... the mind plays tricks on us.

Honored Contributor

Oh, look!   It's Cruella DeVille's older sister!  

Honored Contributor

She always looked superb none the less, She always had her arms covered and never wore plunging necklines

She told of how her eating disorders began during WW2 @SeaMaiden. She nearly died and was saved by being able to get penicillin  from the Yanks

She was in a bombing and developed jaundice?hepatitis I believe. She said she just turned off eating during that period

I think she did maintain  her health ,up until she contracted cancer. A lovely lady, gone too soon

Honored Contributor

Re: Celine Dion

[ Edited ]

She reminds me of Helen Gurley Brown; another powerful woman who was lean and wore haute couture very well.

My aunties and mother look and dress like this (depending on the designer). True haute couture is NOT what we see in stores and is NOT worn by 98% of the population. Personally I don't care for it but I also don't care for modern art (which many claim haute couture is); it's all a matter of what you like/find aesthetically pleasing.

She has the body and the money to enjoy it, so....why not?! : )

Trusted Contributor

Celine Dion, 2017 Grammys

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Celine Dion

[ Edited ]

@PodyPo wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

012519-LOTD-Celine-Dion-Lead.jpg

I love this a lot! I love Celine’s obvious joy in fashion. It may not be what the Average Jill would wear but she is not average in any way. Go Celine!

I LOVE this.

ETA her hair has been wrong for years. She looks much better when her hair is short, with her natural dark coloring.

cccccccccccccccccccccc.JPG

Honored Contributor

Balmain jacket and pants

013119-LOTD-Celine-Dion-Lead.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Sandyx3 wrote:

Celine Dion, 2017 Grammys

Related image

No one looks good in this neckline!