Honored Contributor

Re: Celine Dion in Voluminous Sleeves

She is so weird----think she is having mental issues--never been a fan, never will be a fan-------

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poor skinny/ starving for attention messed up lady.....

Honored Contributor

She was just on "Watch What Happens Live".  She was just delightful.

Anyone who's seen the show knows it's a very relaxed atmosphere with alcohol, if the visitor wants.

Andy (the host) showed her various outfits she wore throughout her career.  It was basically, "keep" or "throw out" and most of the ummm.....different (?) outfits she said she'd "keep".

She was quick-witted and funny.  

I like people who have the ability to make fun, laugh and tease about themselves without making you feel like they want to hear you say, "Oh!  No! You are amazing". 

You don't feel like that when she talks about herself.  She seems very open and is very much like, "What you see is what you get".

I've seen her in other interviews and she always comes across as someone you might want to be friends with.

Trusted Contributor

Wow--voluminous is an understatement. 😮

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

She looks like a clown but if it makes her happy, I'm happy for her.  She has the money, the fame and the celebrity so designers are happy that she wears their designs.  Because they get attention and free advertisement.  I think Celion thinks that makes her a fashion icon but it doesn't because she looks ridiculous.  She doesn't have the personality, the panache, the swagger to pull of those outfits.  

Respected Contributor

She will be the one who has to struggle with all of the excess fabric...ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She doesn't have the personality, the panache, the swagger to pull of those outfits.  

That's like saying,

"Why does Queen Elizabeth wear such boxy outfits? 
And carry such ugly purses?"  
Spoiler:  She's the *&^%*'g Queen!!

Same with Celine.

She definitely has the personality.

She definitely has the panache.

She definitely has the swagger.

"Why does Celine wear such outrageous outfits?"

Spoiler:  She's *&^%*'g Celine Dion!!

She entertains us 24/7/365

Honored Contributor

She wears these get-ups for attention. Even negative attention seems to keep her in the news and people talking. Maybe it sells tickets to her concerts, who knows?

I must say I cringe when I read some of the mean-spirited comments about her weight.

Honored Contributor

I am okay with the sleeves.  She's is preforming and many outfits/costumes on stage  are " different."  At least she isn't half naked or in danger of a wardrobe malfunction.

Honored Contributor

Not sure of her age, but this may be a mid-life crisis thing. Her onstage looks are one thing, but her clothing choices in her personal life seem to be amped up as well. Being in the public eye, I assume she's always on her "A Game".