Respected Contributor

Re: Celine Dion in Teal

[ Edited ]

Stunning: Celine Dion looked every inch the legendary icon as she stepped out in New York on Wednesday evening

Dinner at Cipriani Dolci in Manhattan on Wednesday (black-and-white cozy coat is Saint Laurent's fur diagonal striped topper)

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Stunning: Celine Dion looked every inch the legendary icon as she stepped out in New York on Wednesday evening

Dinner at Cipriani Dolci in Manhattan on Wednesday (black-and-white cozy coat is Saint Laurent's fur diagonal striped topper)

I think her new blunt bob haircut is very flattering on her.  She is going to be Andy's guest on Monday night on WWHL, her first appearance at the clubhouse (for those who watch his show).

I really like this coat.  I am sorry it is fur, but it is a fabulous coat.  I sure would like to see her closet.  I think with few exceptions, she is very well dressed.  She's quirky that's for sure.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Beautiful coat....but am hoping it's faux fur.  

Valued Contributor

My goodness, i wanna laugh and cry at the same time. Why would she leave the house like this? why 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

I love her hair.  It's very flattering on her. 

Honored Contributor

Her hair looks great.

I am anti-fur.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks good in this color but the outfit and this much of the color completely overwhelms her.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I agree with all the negative posts about this outfit, but I really think that the criticisms are missing the main point.

I don't think Celine Dion is choosing any of these "get-ups"( as my friend would call them), in the same way when we choose our outfits.  She's not thinking, really, about "tastefullness" or even how flattering they may be to her.

She's using fashion as high fashion runway outfits are used.  It's over the top and that's what she's going for.  Costumes, really, as I think someone said.  She's not wearing them in the same way as we, non celebrities, would wear our clothes.  She apparently loves to play with fashion as costumes, and is used to doing so as a performer.

I think anything she enjoys doing right now for pleasure is just fine.  She's not hurting anyone with this "hobby" and it's kind of fun to watch.

I agree with all of this. People take fashion way too seriously. Why on earth would someone feel sorry for her? Because of some outfits they don't like? It's definitely not my style, but then again I'm not Celine Dion. Lots of iconic artists have very unconventional ways of expressing themselves or signature looks that don't conform to the norm. Do we want all celebs dressing in safe, bland outfits? I know I don't.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

If she removed the fanny pack from her chest it would look better. She has the body of a runway model, and she looks great in fashion. Celine is a celebrity, so she gets a pass on what she wears. She was so young when she started seeing her husband. it looks like she is having fun playing with different looks. 

Honored Contributor

So she probably only wears these outfits once.  What does she do with all her clothes after wearing them once?