Respected Contributor

Re: Celine Dion Does it Again

[ Edited ]

I guess she just likes to be "different" but I don't remember her being this far out before her husband's death.  Perhaps so and I just didn't see it in print as often.   She is terribly, terribly thin and yes she has always been thin but not to this degree.  Just hope she is healthy and happy.

Respected Contributor

She looks very ill.

Honored Contributor

Well that will wake you up better than a cup of coffee. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I just looked up her age and was SHOCKED to find she is only 51!  I thought for sure she was in her 70's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the jeans, I guess I just fail, utterly, to see the point, assuming there is one. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

New hairdo also. Very short and very dark. She is on the cover of a magazine this month.

Honored Contributor

If Celine Dion, or absolutely any public persona, went out & about knowing loads of paparazzi would be flashing photos of her, don't you think they know exactly what reaction they are going to get in that outfit?  It's on purpose.  It's called staying in the public eye in a big way, across all genres.  Cause a commotion.  Stay a hot topic. 

Celine will always be known or her incredible voice and public service.  But she has deliberately created another image of herself.  One where she will obliterate every fashion so-called norm ever created. 

Tell me one celebrity that hasn't pushed the fashion envelope?  Now tell me how many celebrities practically beg for attention by what they are wearing:  J-Lo's green plunging dress; that ostrich dress worn years ago by Bjork (it was ridiculed at the time, but now that dress is honored at the Museum of Modern Art); Sarah Jessica Parker in her daring hats & gowns that certainly push the envelope.  Talk about someone who has develped a 2nd career pushing the fashion envelope!  Do you think Sarah wants her photos to be published without her face so you don't even know it's her?

Celine got what she wanted.  To be noticed outrageously.  I think she is a magnificent vocal talent and superb entertainer.  But these days she is also famous as a fashion avent-garde. 

So talk about it?  Yes!  Again, I said nothing about her mental state at all.  It's her clothes that are every bit worthy and deserving of discussion. 

To show the photo, but cover her face would be ridiculous.  She owns that look and should have the right to be known for it.  It's what she wants, or she wouldn't have gone out in broad daylight, proudly in it.

All the stop putting photos up really just don't get the celebrity life.  They are not like you or me.  They pay for this spotlight. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe since  she married her DH so very young and he was quite a bit older than her, he may  controlled her  all her life.Her formed her into a star....  He may have controlled  career,what she wore, what she sang, how she looked and dressed, thought,maybe even what she ate...

Maybe she never had a chance to try out all the freeky stuff we do as young people that form our personal choices and identity.

Maybe she is going through that all now,finding herself,her own self.

I think she will eventually get over it.It's part of her growth, being alone now She has noone to tell her what to do.She is just exerting herself.She'll get over it in time.

I love Celine  ,  lets give her a chance to find herself.......

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Maybe since  she married her DH so very young and he was quite a bit older than her, he may  controlled her  all her life.Her formed her into a star....  He may have controlled  career,what she wore, what she sang, how she looked and dressed, thought,maybe even what she ate...

Maybe she never had a chance to try out all the freeky stuff we do as young people that form our personal choices and identity.

Maybe she is going through that all now,finding herself,her own self.

I think she will eventually get over it.It's part of her growth, being alone now She has noone to tell her what to do.She is just exerting herself.She'll get over it in time.

I love Celine  ,  lets give her a chance to find herself.......

Those have been my thoughts as well about how young she was going from parent's home to hubbies home so to speak.  Never really did have time to be just Celine.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."