Trusted Contributor

Himalayan goats, huh? I learn something every day here.  I wonder if there's counterfeit cashmere,  from counterfeit goats on any old farm out in the sticks?.  How would  anyone know, it's likely not regulated.

I bet there is, there's counterfeit everything else.

Respected Contributor

I recently learned of this site.  One quince dot com

Their prices are great!

The reviews are good, but I have never ordered from them.  I have a couple of cashmere sweaters that are several years old, and I love them. Would like to order more and just may try them

Anyone here had any experience with them?

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

China has started cloning the goats. Not sure how many but here's their first kid, "Noori":

download.jpg

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Cashmere does not have to be dry cleaned. I wash in cold, gentle cycle, of course no heat. They always wash beautifully. No other special treatment.

If there's anything negative, it is that it is too warm for me. So I only wear it on the coldest of days, or when I walk outside on the coldest of days. I do walk every day; I live in 4 seasons.

Trusted Contributor

If you have cold feet in the winter, cashmere socks are the absolute best - warm, soft, but not too thick.  They machine wash warm or cold and air dry beautifully.  Have had a few pair for years.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   lol  never bought cashmere myself, but I inherited a short-sleeve black scoopneck.  It lives in a plastic bag in the back of my freezer!  We might get a few days next week cool enough to entice me to wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

Like most of my wardrobe, the cashmere sweaters I own were bought on sale.  And for my needs, retired and at home most of the time, I don’t feel the need to buy the highest priced.  I am maybe a typical New Englander - how I love my sweaters.

Super Contributor
Have several and all are at least 15 years old. Wash in cold water in machine. Lay flat to dry and they are good to go. Super warm and wear during the winter in my very cold house. For me, they represent a good value and let me save on paying for heat! Not everyone's thing but I love mine Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

Himalayan goats, huh? I learn something every day here.  I wonder if there's counterfeit cashmere,  from counterfeit goats on any old farm out in the sticks?.  How would  anyone know, it's likely not regulated.

I bet there is, there's counterfeit everything else.

I also wonder about the ethics of the industry. Are the goats treated humanely?

Goats have been found to be as smart as dogs and they have the capability to form emotional bonds with humans.

Honored Contributor

Also, cashmere can pull a higher price because it's desirable.