Honored Contributor

I tried my DG cashmere sweater on yesterday and it is fabulous.  Very soft.  However,it is 1-ply cashmere.  IMO it isn't paper thin.  The fit is true to size leaning towards roomy so if you are in between sizes, I think I'd go down with this.  

I'm at the point where I detest thick, bulky, heavy sweaters so this works for me plus if you are a jacket person, this is definitely a weight that could be worn under a jacket. 

It is going to be in Colleen's The List tonight and the price is still the same $99.00 it was on host pick but I did get it with free s/h which isn't in effect anymore.   If this goes on clearance, I would pick up a few more.

Respected Contributor

I have pretty much given up on cashmere. Most are very skimpy and not well done. I paid a small fortune a couple years ago for RL cashmere sweaters and it was worth it. The sleeves are long enough and the proportions are just right. The yarn is simply beautiful. They have held up really well, unlike most other cashmere from QVC and department stores.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

i love cashmere but only in a sweater style i can easily take off if i get too warm

i cannot wear pullover wools - i would roast!!

Honored Contributor

I have an horrible phobia to itch. If I see a bug outside, while out shopping or whatever, I will have nightmares of bugs covering me and I will awaken itching.  I buy cotton sheets which helps but are expensive.  I can wear newer polyesters but in the early days could not.  All wool itches me but not cashmere, if it is indeed 2-ply 100% cashmere or silk and cashmere.  I can wear it even if it contains cotton.  I have always been very tactile from childhood.  Hormones did not change it at all.  I wear Precious Fibers in cold weather without itching, but not cool weather.  Acrylic makes me itch.  I take Benadryl or doxepin to tolerate the itching of pajamas, gown, sheet, etc.  AGAIN, I emphasize Precious Fibers of which I own several pieces, does not itch me.