Honored Contributor
Isaac's cashmere infinity scarf is marked down cnsiderably from the TSV price. It's very nice. I just got his cardigan a few weeks ago. I always found Lord & Taylor to have nice cashmere too
Respected Contributor

i have cashmere from L&T from years ago and agree, it's very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

You're not alone. I've never been able to wear cashmere, no matter the cost. Ive'been hot and scratchy in all I've tried. I was seriously tempted to try H by Halston's recently. His looks beautiful, but I didn't. Has anyone tried H by Halston?

Esteemed Contributor

It only bothers me around my neck such as a turtleneck or a scarf. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:
Not all cashmere is created equal. Isaac's cashmere is very nice - but it's expensive. Costco sometimes carries nice cashmere sweaters.

When HSN had holiday host pick, I ordered one of Diane Gilman's cashmere sweaters.  It came but I've not even opened it yet.  I hope it's okay.  If not, it will go back and it will be a lesson learned.  Colleen said she has about 5 of Diane's sweater so I'll admit, I fell for it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:
Isaac's cashmere infinity scarf is marked down cnsiderably from the TSV price. It's very nice. I just got his cardigan a few weeks ago. I always found Lord & Taylor to have nice cashmere too

Thanks so much for posting this! I bought that in gray as the TSV last year and LOVE it. I wanted another, but not at that price. I just bought the Aqua one for the clearance price.

I love that scarf, but it's not the softest cashmere and I know some people complained it was scratchy in the reviews. It didn't bother me, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's very sensitive to scratchy wool.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I was wondering how Isaac's cashmere was compared to others....I am thinking of getting one of his sweaters...

Unfortunately not all of Isaac's cashemere sweaters are created equal.  I have a couple that I love but sent back a few that were scratchy.

Super Contributor

You have to be very careful with cashmere.  Many companies will put the name cashmere in the title with very little cashmere in the item, sometimes with as little as 5 to10% of it being cashmere.  If it is 100% cashmere, you will pay for it in the price. It has to be 2-ply to be high quality, or it is paper thin.  And I doubt it will be itchy. Logo has a cotton cashmere sweater that is only 5% cashmere. A267848.

Honored Contributor

It is not just you. I can't wear any wool or wool blends or cashmere. I have tried a few and they all make my skin itchy and irritated. 

Respected Contributor

Once again the women here have come through!  I appreciate all your responses. 

Regarding the Precious Fibers sweater I purchased from the Q, it is 2 ply and 100& cashmere.  Learning that all cashmere is not created equal makes sense and probably the reason i can't wear it.  I'm not taking chances on purchasing anything else that's any sort of woolen item.