Respected Contributor
Hi fellow shoppers. I just wanted to alert ladies that were interested in cashmere that Macy's is having their friends and family sale and I got ridiculous prices on long sleeve cashmere sweaters and cardigans $47.99, $62.99 ) for pieces similar to that "other " website. That's why I have been vocal about watching your wallet and not being fooled. There are way too many sales in stores now to be overpaying and lining other people's pockets. Check out Macy's, L & Taylors, etc....have fun shopping!👜
Respected Contributor

Re: Cashmere sweaters- sales

I need to get over to Macy's and see what I can find. Not much better than cashmere sweaters with a leather skirt or pants..

Respected Contributor

It sounds like a lovely match w/ your leathers @stylish lady..🙂
Honored Contributor

Yes, I don't understand when people complain about the Q's prices, shipping, selection, etc., etc.  There are so many other places to shop.  Why just focus on the Q?????

Honored Contributor

I'll keep looking. I haven't spent a penny in Macy's since they asked the Governor of Texas to veto a fair pay act for women here in 2013. If they don't believe women should have an easier time taking recourse after finding out they've been paid unfairly, they certainly don't deserve my money. 

Frequent Contributor

I shop at the Q because: the clothes have not tried on by others, I don't have pick up my selection from the floor (happen to me in the store you mentioned), look for a sales person or, wait on long cashier lines!

Honored Contributor

Macys plays with their prices dependent upon what sale they are running. Their cashmere V neck and crew neck sweaters were all $39.95 Black Friday and that entire weekend. They have been various prices since and have never been as inexpensive as that weekend.

Respected Contributor

I bought several Cashmere cardigans from Macy's on black Friday. I love them but they do get those balls under the arms. I just washed one and it came out great. I only paid $40 each that day. Great buy and a great staple to wear to work or any time. 

Honored Contributor

I had two cashmere sweaters from Neiman Marcus that I purchased years ago and had the piling under the arms; then I bought a black cashmere cardigan from Lord & Taylor and it has piling under the arms and other areas of the sweater.  I remember Issac saying his cashmere does not pill.  That is hard to believe because all cashmere pills as far as I am concerned.  Yes, it is very soft and warm but you can find other alternatives like cashmere with cotton that does not pill.  Yes, you are right about saving money because everyone is desperate for sales this year.  :catvery-happy:

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

A lot of stores are using the term "cashmere" very loosely. There may be very little cashmere in the sweater, therefore, it is "cheap cashmere.

"If it's "too good to be true" it  is the truth.  You don't get something for nothing!  

Cashmere is of many different qualities!  Beware!!!