Honored Contributor

Re: Cashmere sweaters- sales

@ECBG wrote:

A lot of stores are using the term "cashmere" very loosely. There may be very little cashmere in the sweater, therefore, it is "cheap cashmere.

"If it's "too good to be true" it  is the truth.  You don't get something for nothing!  

Cashmere is of many different qualities!  Beware!!!

The quality can vary even in the same sweater, same color. I noticed a difference in the weight of a cashmere sweater I just purchased in Macys. I bought a heavier gauge after comparing a few. I have worn it three times in the past few weeks and it has not pilled anywhere. It continues to be soft and comfortable. It was my bargain of the century!Heart

Trusted Contributor

Just the other day I heard a QVC host and vendor discussing how the cashmere item they were selling was the best wool that sheep produce.

Uh...no.  Cashmere comes from GOATS!!!  Cashmere goats to be precise.  Mohair comes from Angora goats.  Just another way that things get misrepresented.

Esteemed Contributor

Got four at Macy,s online cyber sale at 35.95 a piece.  They were 39.95, but for waiting on the phone so long,(online site crashed), CS gave me an additional 10% off on each one.