Honored Contributor

Growing up as a teenager I always wanted a pair of carpenter pants ( also called painter pants) which were denim overalls with a loop on the side by the leg. Well, I never did get a pair, so I decided on ordering a pair now. I bought a pair on Amazon ( no loop it is hard to find a pair with it), I received it Friday. I know overalls aren't form fitting but they looked cute on the model, alas it didn't look cute on me! It was the correct size, it just made me look frumpy, so back they went. I guess the search continues. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Carpenter Pants

[ Edited ]

Mine were the original Dickies painters. They still make them, even in womens' sizes. 

Dickies dot com.

Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. logo

Women's FLEX Utility Painters Pants - Dickies US

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee are they just pants or overalls, I really want overalls?

Honored Contributor

Re: Carpenter Pants

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SilleeMee are they just pants or overalls, I really want overalls?

@Jordan2 

Dickies makes womens' painter bibs, too, and not just white ones.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan.  Enjoy if you love.

Honored Contributor

I got a pair of brown twill carpenter pants with the loop in the Democracy Brand at HSN some time ago.  Fit great but I don't really need the loop.  I plan to open the seam and remove it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like carpenter pants.  I got a couple of pair in the Boys Dept. once and although I liked them, the legs were a little wide for me, being short.  Later, I bought some as work pants, and those were better as the legs aren't as wide.  I still wear those for painting or yardwork.  

Trusted Contributor

I wore them in college long ago (1970's) and loved them.  Not so sure they'd flatter me now!  

Esteemed Contributor

Love them, but need to be slim with no tummy.

Honored Contributor

I wore them in college in the 70s.  My girls wore them as little girls and in college in the 90s.  My granddaughter and great niece wear them now.  The shorts version and the overall version.  But not white.  White looks like you are there to paint and spackle.