Respected Contributor

I am still wearing my carpenter pants from Bill Blass!   They still fit me and you can tell how old they are by the brand.  They are denim and I love them.  I mostly wear them working around the farm or at home.  I also have several pairs of bibs with loops and pockets that I've had for years.  

It's funny to me that co-workers couldn't imagine me wearing these.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

I wore them in college long ago (1970's) and loved them.  Not so sure they'd flatter me now!  

Same for me.  Don't want them now.  My boyfriend and I matched and went to a concert in them.  Good grief.  Those were the times.  I'm still kicking and he is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, what a blast from the past!!  LOL, I lived in those in high school.......we referred to them as "farmer jeans".   They were actually quite flattering and comfortable.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Good old days.

Honored Contributor

I wore them in jr. high and had them in several colors.  My favorite was a royal blue.  I did not realize they are back but the '70's do seem to be making a comeback.  Need to pick me up some Bonnie Bell lip gloss.  I loved the '70's.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Wow, blast from the past. I had two favorite pairs I loved that fit & looked so cute at that time. My gosh I was in High School and college, in the late 70's when these were in! I had a nice ivory/natural pair, nice cotton. I also had a trendy and cute emerald green pair I loved. Dang...at this point, while I'm in good shape and still dressing "youthfully", I'd probably look ridiculous in these now, but, like you @Jordan2, I am so tempted, lol. I hope you find a pair you feel look right on you and enjoy them.

I've been decluttering and tried on a pair of shorts overalls, (also trending again), I used to love to wear when gardening, cleaning. They are olive green, funky, stylish....for a 20-something! Lol, I tried them on, and besides the fact they're too short for me now and a little snug, it was just funny to see the difference in how I looked 20 yrs later in them. Going to consignment today. S'ok, I had my fun in all those things, then.

EVERYthing seems to be coming back...just posted yesterday an IG pic/brand of console stereo I saw...they apparently are back. Kinda cool. I have a table top turntable, speakers, and my favorite vinyl collection so I won't be going console, but they are cool looking in the right room. Will dens and shag carpet be far behind? 😄

Honored Contributor

I always wore painter's pants. 

Honored Contributor

AmyB:  I'm the one who's always liked shag carpeting......

Recalling 'Fiesta' series at Home Depot.

Beautiful, swirls of colors in various area carpet sizes.  

Love shag carpeting, and I'm glad I'm anonymous, as I've kept it a 'secret' all of these past years.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I Googled 'painter's pants', and a question popped up re: when were they popular (?).

The answer was: They were popular in the seventies, and wearers often used to splatter-paint them, and also added embroidery.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

i wore painter's pants with those buckskin colored construction boots in HS.  it was a fad, most girls did wear overalls or painters pants.   i had no hips. i even recall being 20/21 and still wearing those same pants and the Army surplus  Khaki pants i got in HS.  

how was i so thin for so long?  

Honored Contributor

I really like these painter paints