Respected Contributor

I thought those gingham pants looked hideous on everyone.  Way too tight on Carolyn, even the thin models did not look good.  I just checked out a pair by Joan Rivers that look so much smarter and 100 times better and looked great on the models.  Very Audrey Hepburn looking - just ordered me a pair.

Honored Contributor

Carolyn is my favorite QVC host, however, I think she needs to go up a size on her clothes, her tops, t-shirts, and jackets always look so tight and uncomfortable on her.  And its not just for today, its all her clothing shows....  But I love her pleasant personality and she does give good product descriptions. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

'My guess' is that models' and hosts' samples (in the sizes that they stated that they wear) are delivered ahead of time. So, if they are too large, too tight, not much they can do about it just before being on air.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  As far as hosts' hairstyles, let's not forget that they are styled (makeup and hair) by Q stylests.  I'm guessing that the hosts just 'go along' with the results, whatever they happen to be.  'Be silent, be safe'.  (A quote by poster Jean Lake)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn this morning

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I like Carolyn but I do think she needs to size up in her tops.

@Imaoldhippie  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  Sometime in the last few days she admitted she was wearing an XL. 

She has said that on more than a few occasions lately. I don't think it was something she was "admitting" -- just telling us what size she was wearing, as she always has. (Also, Pam the model is now almost always in an XL.)

In the past, CG used to wear a large. And the tops always looked quite tight.  Then Carolyn lost some weight and talked about it on a clothing show. She said she was wearing a large comfortably where in the past, she really needed the XL but had been wearing larges.   

Yes, this is all true. However, even when she was wearing things that many thought were too tight in a size L, she said what size she was wearing. I'm not saying she shouldn't have been wearing a different size; I'm just saying that she's always said what size she's wearing, L or XL or whatever. The "admitted" part made is sound as though she hadn't wanted to say before that she was wearing a larger size. When she decided to move up, she had no qualms about saying so.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a good look today.

Respected Contributor

I'll give Carolyn credit for wearing what she's selling from head to toe. Many of them don't do that and I think they should when they arfe doing fashion shows.  However, most of the time QVC clothes are not flattering on her.  I've seen her wear non QVC clothes and she looked fantastic.   

Trusted Contributor

I like Carolyn Gracie as a host and think she does an awesome job.  In fact I wish she trained the other hosts!  That said, I do not think the outfit she was wearing today was becoming on her or on anyone else for that matter.  In fact, CG seemed a bit uncomfortable this morning, possibly because she wasn't comfortable in what she was wearing. 

Super Contributor
I agree the pants were not attractive. In fact, I was surprised Clinton Kelly was the vendor...I heard him more than once on "What Not To Wear" say crop/capri/pedal pusher lengths are not flattering on any woman. I'm pretty sure he would have trashed those on the show back in the day.
Esteemed Contributor

I love the way Carolyn sells fashion. Sometimes her clothes fit, sometimes not so much. She gives sizes; she shows her waistline, belly & behind. 

At least Carolyn does her job & wears the clothes she's selling, unlike some who wouldn't be caught dead in them.

Carolyn gives the workers her size clothing. I've heard her say that this or that is too small, but that's what size is there. We all know how that works. A large is not the same in every item.

If Carolyn's jacket is too tight, that helps the customer who can see and orders a little larger. Carolyn gives every bit of information possible to make it helpful to the customer to buy.

Carolyn job is to sell, not to look like she's 5'l0" tall and wearing an XXS.

Carolyn, Jayne, Pat, Leah, MaryBeth = the Q's moneymakers! They know their jobs and do it well.