Trusted Contributor

Re: Carolyn looked stunning in Susan's TSV!!!!

I think Carolyn is a lovely woman.   I didn't see her in the Graver dress but from the style and seeing an XL model wearing it, it doesn't seem to me to be designed for any woman with a waist or hips.

It looked designed for a size 10 "ish" figure or less.  I don't feel most of her designs are for fuller figures.

i wear a 6 or 8, and don't like to wear a lot of her designs, some for bad fabrics but some for style, as well.

This dress looks like it will really emphasize the lower body.

Esteemed Contributor

I just went to the video to see what you all are talking about....I think Carolyn looks very nice in the dress...

Esteemed Contributor

Love Carolyn and couldn't believe how unflattering the dress was on her.  In fact, many looked bad but I thought Carolyn looked the worst of anyone I saw in the dress.

The colors to me were the worst for spring or summer. The prints were old and heavy looking. There was nothing I saw that was fresh, youthful or airy about it. The length was awful on all of them. And Susan's reasons for not doing a Petite was ridiculous: it has a straight hem and easy to hem, or pull it up on one side to make it shorter. 

And Susan thinks this dress will make her as famous as Diane Fostenberg.  That ain't happening....

Valued Contributor

sorry but i really dont want to hurt anyone but she did not look good at all. that dress is awful. i like some of susan clothes but not many. like her coats and her sweatshirts but that is about it. overpriced shirts. no way. qvc needs to rethink the prices on a t shirt. 

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

sorry but i really dont want to hurt anyone but she did not look good at all. that dress is awful. i like some of susan clothes but not many. like her coats and her sweatshirts but that is about it. overpriced shirts. no way. qvc needs to rethink the prices on a t shirt. 

I believe 90,000 plus (give or take a few, since many ordered more than one) customer would respectfully disagree with you.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@tockerman wrote:

I believe 90,000 plus (give or take a few, since many ordered more than one) customer would respectfully disagree with you.

Like I said in another post...Susan knows her audience and knows what they will buy. Find the right item, sell it to a general public who wear that kind of dress, and 90,000 will sell. Amazing! LOL

Honored Contributor

I agree the colors looked phenomenal on her but the shape not so much. Just because Carolyn is on the larger size doesn't mean she can't benefit from a little structure. I found the bottom of the dress was too loose and baggy for most body shapes.

Esteemed Contributor

I normally don't look at the Susan Graver clothing very much but that TSV dress in black did look nice on host Albany who had paired it with a black jacket.

Valued Contributor

I would not go so far as stunning but I also thought it looked good on her.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Love Carolyn and couldn't believe how unflattering the dress was on her.  In fact, many looked bad but I thought Carolyn looked the worst of anyone I saw in the dress.

The colors to me were the worst for spring or summer. The prints were old and heavy looking. There was nothing I saw that was fresh, youthful or airy about it. The length was awful on all of them. And Susan's reasons for not doing a Petite was ridiculous: it has a straight hem and easy to hem, or pull it up on one side to make it shorter. 

And Susan thinks this dress will make her as famous as Diane Fostenberg.  That ain't happening....

Her prints on this dress are hideous. She'll NEVER come close to Diane F. Maybe in her dreams.