Super Contributor

Re: Carolyn looked stunning in Susan's TSV!!!!

Thanks, Apple1964! Carolyn is more honest than other hosts...it was refreshing to hear her recently say her size is "14ish..but a 16 in some styles". Some hosts state they wear a large, while clearly needing a size or more larger. What's the big deal? Most women's weight fluctuates. Just state the truth so viewers can make an informed decision on whether to buy or not.
Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is really no reason to comment on someone's weight.  Period.  It's rude.

There is a reason.. if I am going to be ordering the clothing items it helps when the host is wearing her correct size something that Carolyn does not do. "Period".. We are the ones that are buying and in some cases returning. Woman Frustrated

Saying that Carolyn looks like she put weight on has absolutely nothing to do with her wearing or not wearing her correct size. That is just a justification to make a dig at Carolyn.

I saw Carolyn present the dress on Sunday and she appeared to be wearing the right size.  Whether one liked the dress on her or not is a matter of personal taste.

What size Carolyn is or isn't wearing has no bearing on what I order or how I order.  I don't need to know what size any host or model is.  Just because I might be the same size as they are according to the label, it doesn't mean I am built like them at all, am the same height as they are, etc.  So how the garment looks on them isn't going to be how it looks on me. 

The only thing that is helpful is for them to say they went up a size or they were able to go down a size.  I don't need to know what that size is. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is a reason.. if I am going to be ordering the clothing items it helps when the host is wearing her correct size something that Carolyn does not do. "Period".. We are the ones that are buying and in some cases returning. Woman Frustrated

Saying that Carolyn looks like she put weight on has absolutely nothing to do with her wearing or not wearing her correct size. That is just a justification to make a dig at Carolyn.

I saw Carolyn present the dress on Sunday and she appeared to be wearing the right size.  Whether one liked the dress on her or not is a matter of personal taste.

What size Carolyn is or isn't wearing has no bearing on what I order or how I order.  I don't need to know what size any host or model is.  Just because I might be the same size as they are according to the label, it doesn't mean I am built like them at all, am the same height as they are, etc.  So how the garment looks on them isn't going to be how it looks on me. 

The only thing that is helpful is for them to say they went up a size or they were able to go down a size.  I don't need to know what that size is. 

I disagree: I am very interested in the height, weight, size of the hosts that resemble me as they help me in choosing clothes that I like on them and think will look good on me. I can pretty much tell exactly how things will look on me when I see them. If they don't tell me the size they're wearing, I'm missing important information. 

Frequent Contributor

I was looking at that TSV for a little bit but when I saw Carolyn in it, I knew it was worth a try for me.  She stated that she is a Size 14 which is what I wear.  So I ordered the Navy dot and just received it about an hour ago. 

I immediately tried it on and have to say it is lovely!  The fit was perfect and I was so happy with it, I immediately ordered the basic black which I can wear with some of my Isaac jackets and cardigans. 

Had it not for her, I probably would have not taken a chance on this one so THANKS Carolyn!

Honored Contributor

In relation to model/host sizing I find the digits not as relevant as the appearance. I know my personal digits; what's important is how everyone carries the garment.

If it adds 10 lbs to Katia's thin frame then I know I'm in trouble! lol

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I disagree: I am very interested in the height, weight, size of the hosts that resemble me as they help me in choosing clothes that I like on them and think will look good on me. I can pretty much tell exactly how things will look on me when I see them. If they don't tell me the size they're wearing, I'm missing important information. 

I agree.  Plus the comment I made was not a dig.  Just that the dress seemed to add pounds.  While Carolyn did gain weight, the dress made her look even heavier, which is why I said it the way I did.  Sorry if it offended anyone as that was certainly not my intent!

Esteemed Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
Thanks, Apple1964! Carolyn is more honest than other hosts...it was refreshing to hear her recently say her size is "14ish..but a 16 in some styles". Some hosts state they wear a large, while clearly needing a size or more larger. What's the big deal? Most women's weight fluctuates. Just state the truth so viewers can make an informed decision on whether to buy or not.

Your welcome hollysgram.. I like Carolyn but, she needs to wear her correct size.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I did not reply in any post that Carolyn put on weight that was someone else here. And Carolyn has been wearing clothing that is just too small for her. As I said before we are the ones that are buying and it is hard enough to order from TV and to have someone model clothing that is just to small for them is no help to us watching  and ordering. I am not the size that Carolyn is and I do not go by what she is wearing in my ordering process but, many of my friends and relatives are and many here are too. And it would be helpful to some if she wore her correct size to get a better idea on how it would look on them. That is all I am saying.. No need to get bent out of shape about this!Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I agree.  Plus the comment I made was not a dig.  Just that the dress seemed to add pounds.  While Carolyn did gain weight, the dress made her look even heavier, which is why I said it the way I did.  Sorry if it offended anyone as that was certainly not my intent!

Of course it was not. Carolyn has been wearing the wrong size for years.. not just recently. And this is just a observation not a dig.