Respected Contributor

Carolyn and Gary on Early Sunday

The Denim & Co show Sunday morning was very well done. It had a beautiful selection of styles and felt so fresh. I always enjoy the banter between Carolyn and  Gary.

Valued Contributor

Re: Carolyn and Gary on Early Sunday

This was a nice surprise. I have wanted Bermuda shorts since last summer, but unfortunately they don't have the color I want.

Honored Contributor

Yikes ! 51 bucks for a zip up hoody. I got one from Quacker with the floral hem and lined inside of the hoody on clearance for 44 and that was high enough.

Denim & Co. have really raised their prices.

Respected Contributor

Yes that use to be the D&C price for a tank AND hoodie. I still have and wear all the time a set they offered in the colors chamois (loved that color and wish Gary would bring it back) and green and blue and pink that were wonderful. Still look new and when I like an item I usually purchase in other colors. Not doing that a lot lately....saving$. I don't like short pants (crops, capris or ankle pants) or loud flowery tunic tops and lately that's most of what D&C offer.

Honored Contributor

I love Carolyn and Gary but 5am on a Sunday (or any day) is too early for me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

The Denim & Co show Sunday morning was very well done. It had a beautiful selection of styles and felt so fresh. I always enjoy the banter between Carolyn and  Gary.

Did the squirrel participate in the banter this morning @On It  ?

Respected Contributor

The higher prices are most likely the result of many factors.  Fashion ordering is done many months in advance (the small businesses order apparel six months in advance.)  At the beginning of COVID prices were locked in so we didn't have a big impact on that front. However, trade disputes affected the tariff we have to pay for imported goods. The customer buying the goods pays tariffs not the country or manufacturer exporting them. Workers out with illness, raw materials in limited supply, and drop in demand have been factors as well.  Hopefully by the end of 2022 many of the COVID factors won't be in play and prices will fall back a bit.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but I like them. Comic relief.

Honored Contributor

Like every other kind of garment, hoodies come in a wide range of prices- in my collection, the range is from $10 to $150 with several between those prices.  Yes, I thought I was crazy when I spent for the latter, but that has turned out to be a real go-to choice.  The other came from a consignment shop, but over 15 years ago and it’s still in play.

My average cost was still above the D&C hoody, but it’s fine with me, and I do know that on a cost per wearing, they are less expensive than at least 2 hoodies I know I caught for less than $25 each back in the days Chico’s was still using excellent fabrics. Sad to say, they are really too heavy now that I am in southern Florida year round.

Honored Contributor

I got a really bright red one from the men's side of Walmart for probably like 20 or so and I love that thing.

Bad thing about ordering online is the shipping and waiting 2-3 weeks for something. Here in Tx. Spring can come and go in 3 weeks then your into the scalding HOT summers. Hoodie goes back in closet. LOL

170322_190326_77880325.gif