Respected Contributor

Re: Caroline Wozniacki's Wedding Dress

@cherry wrote:

I can't imagine wearing this in a church wedding ..many make you wear a jacket  over  a strapless dress. This is far more revealing than a strapless dress

15-caroline-wozniacki-dress-fitting.jpg

How so? In the finished version (not the one during the fitting, which is fairly revealing) you can't see anything. More details about the actual wedding from People -- it doesn't sound as though they had a church wedding anyway.

Wozniacki and Lee said their “I do’s” in front of 120 family and friends at Castiglion del Bosco [a luxury resort] in Italy. Longtime friend and fellow tennis star Serena Williams served as a bridesmaid.

Guests included Williams’ husband Alexis Ohanian, NBA players Pau Gasol and Harrison Barnes, former NFL player and Bachelor star Jesse Palmer, and tennis player Angelique Kerber.

Honored Contributor

That picture doesn't look as filmy as others do @jonbon ..

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

That picture doesn't look as filmy as others do @jonbon ..

Those photos were of the unfinished dress.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps ,or it could be the lighting too..It is her dress and I wish her well..I won't pretend I like it, because I don't

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Perhaps ,or it could be the lighting too..It is her dress and I wish her well..I won't pretend I like it, because I don't

Liking it (or not!) is an entirely different matter ... Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

shaggygirl......I thought I was the only one bugged by constant middle parts! What is wrong with combing your hair back??

@wakefield64 

I call them hair curtains because it always reminds me of when you hang curtains and one day you look up and where the curtain panels join they seem to be separating. Yes, long hair parted in the middle, flat on top and scraggly waves hanging down over half the cheeks and the front of the shoulders. I just don't get it. I want to reach out and push them back. Even some of the models on the Q and HSN wear hair curtains when modeling so you can't see the entire top. I guess I'm old and just not understanding some of the current trends. No doubt some people look at my hair wonder why I don't do something else with it.....like maybe part it in the middle!

Valued Contributor

She is a pretty girl with a hunky husband.  But her gown is disappointing.  For a custom designer dress it really is a let down which she likely paid a five digit amount for and got very little in return for it.  It just could have been so much more.  

Respected Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

She is a pretty girl with a hunky husband.  But her gown is disappointing.  For a custom designer dress it really is a let down which she likely paid a five digit amount for and got very little in return for it.  It just could have been so much more.  

I guess I never understand these types of comments. Disappointing to you, maybe, but why would you think she was let down? I would imagine she loves her dress and feels very special in it. By saying that it could have been so much more, you’re really saying that it could have been something that you would have liked better, different from what the bride chose for herself. It’s fine not to like a dress and, of course, to express that opinion. But to imply that the bride was let down by the designer or could have done better ignores the very personal nature of choosing a wedding dress. 

Honored Contributor

The fabric and some of the detail is very pretty. The style of the dress does nothing for me... Yet another sleeveless, bustier style gown only this one literally looks like a bustier attached to a skirt... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

She is a lovely girl but, the dress is far too sheer on top and looks like a nightgown.