Valued Contributor

For many years I bought several gowns, and pajamas from this brand and loved them.  Now, it seems all the new items coming in are rayon and polyester which I hate for sleeping.  I am hoping there will be a return to cotton.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Carole hochman and cotton

@Gabidog wrote:

For many years I bought several gowns, and pajamas from this brand and loved them.  Now, it seems all the new items coming in are rayon and polyester which I hate for sleeping.  I am hoping there will be a return to cotton.

@Gabidog I agree!  I won't buy this stuff either.  I want all cotton (or at least mostly all cotton) clothing!  

Respected Contributor

I completely understand. I've only got her winter pjs. I keep my house cold for winter sleeping and still wake up sweating bullets during the night in her polyester flannel. I know it's a cheaper fabric and everyone wants to use it now but I need something breathable.

Honored Contributor

I used to love Carole Hochman when the quality was good.  I'm still wearing some of her nightgowns from many years ago.  And they're still my favorites.  But like so many brands, it no longer is what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog @Carolina925 @Sooner 

I feel this way too!

Was thinking maybe it was "our day" when I saw and purchased this set recently:

https://www.qvc.com/Carole-Hochman-Cotton-Jersey-Long-Sleeve-Novelty-Pajama-Set.product.A368262.html
in lilac.

The pieces went fast, but this set is "my style". The cotton is a knit and lightweight but sturdy.

Cannot post a picture because I need to delete.

14095690-D3F8-49D9-AAF1-523370189CDC.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@geezerette Totally agree.  I have many pj's and nightgowns from Hockman that I purchased years ago.  Still good.  Bought one in the spring and sent back.  Just not the same quality as years ago.  I love cotton too

Honored Contributor

Only cotton sleep wear for me, too. I find poly, rayon, etc. is sweaty/hot. 

Super Contributor

@Gabidog  She had the best cotton fabric and the more you washed the gowns the softer they became.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of her synthetic gowns and noticed they're full of small holes.  I decided they must be from the dog's nails when they jump onto my lap but that must be some flimsy fabric.

I have a couple of her short cotton gown which I like.  My favorite, though, are Miss Elaine nylon gowns.  So easy to move and turn over in bed and they last forever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a few gowns in cotton from Carol Hochman but I prefer Eileen West cotton gowns. Just order one size smaller than your normal size.