Honored Contributor

Carole Hochman Socks At Costco In This Month's Sale Booklet

I just got back from Costco.  Per the sale booklet there is a 4-pk. of Hochman socks for $6.99 with the $3.00 off.  The pkg. shown below has a solid black, a solid cream color, a tweed tray and the tweed black shown below in the front of the pkg.   There are also pastel color pkgs. as choices.

They are very soft.  However, they look so very poorly made.   The elastic wasn't great on each of the 4 socks - some had better elastic in them than others to hold the socks up (I felt many, many pkgs. of them).  Also, looks threads were abundant in most of the pkgs.   

I really hate when the quality of a brand goes down.  I did try a 4-pkg. that I thought had the best quality of the four socks because they were soft, a good price, and I like the color choices - I got the pkg. above), but I'm definitely going to keep the out wrapper with the bar code and return them if they don't hold up (in both ways socks can hold up - through washings and also by the elastic holding them up on my leg).

socks.jfif

Honored Contributor

Re: Carole Hochman Socks At Costco In This Month's Sale Booklet

I bought her socks last year in a four pack.  They were the type you are showing...lounge socks. The colors are white, baby blue, black and light pink.  They have held up well, but I don't wear them with shoes. They are lounge socks meant to wear to bed or as slippers.

This year I saw the socks you purchased, but I am waiting on the wool socks Costco sells to go on sale.  I love them.  I try to buy a new pack every year. My feet are always cold and they work well to keep me warm.  I am wearing a pair right now.

Would you really return socks that cost $1.75 each if they didn't hold up well?  At that price they are almost disposable.

Regular Contributor

I am surprised that Carol Hochman would put her brand on such a product since her sleepwear are always premium priced.  But really, @3.99 for a pack of 4 socks what would you expect?

Honored Contributor

@CHEX wrote:

@I am surprised that Carol Hochman would put her brand on such a product since her sleepwear are always premium priced.  But really, @3.99 for a pack of 4 socks what would you expect?

The $6.99 is with the $3.00 off - they are regularly $9.99 so they are not $3.99.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I bought her socks last year in a four pack.  They were the type you are showing...lounge socks. The colors are white, baby blue, black and light pink.  They have held up well, but I don't wear them with shoes. They are lounge socks meant to wear to bed or as slippers.

This year I saw the socks you purchased, but I am waiting on the wool socks Costco sells to go on sale.  I love them.  I try to buy a new pack every year. My feet are always cold and they work well to keep me warm.  I am wearing a pair right now.

Would you really return socks that cost $1.75 each if they didn't hold up well?  At that price they are almost disposable.

@Carmie  The colors you describe in yours were the other choice. 

They are $6.99 which includes the sale price so yes, for $7.00 I would return them if they don't hold up in either sense of that.

Honored Contributor

@CHEX wrote:

@I am surprised that Carol Hochman would put her brand on such a product since her sleepwear are always premium priced.  But really, @3.99 for a pack of 4 socks what would you expect?

These feel like premium socks.  They are thick and fluffy..well worth the price and more. They are not for street wear, but for lounging around on the sofa or in bed.  Mine are still like new.  I would buy more at the sale price, but don't need anymore lounge socks.

They are too thick to wear with shoes.