Frequent Contributor

This is about A302179 Carole Hochman Romantic Bouquet Rayon Spandex 2-Pack Dress Set, I bought some of these when they were on an even more discounted clearance price than they are now. Is anyone else who bought these having issues with the fabric? I'm at home recovering from an accident, lying around resting, and I've been wearing these dresses. I know the label says both solid and floral are made the same but the solid colors seem so thin and flimsy. I washed them for the first time, following instructions exactly, the floral came out fine, but the solid ones look even worse, and I even found a small hole in one that was definitely not there before, it's in a place I would have noticed, and I know I did not get snagged on anything while wearing it. I really love the florals, at least so far, and have been trying to decide if they're worth the price of the set, but this has me worried about how well this material will hold up, if they're going to end up car wash rags before the six easy pays are even paid off. Am I just unlucky or is this a known problem with this brand or this particular set?

Trusted Contributor

I buy all my Carol Hochman sets (usually 3 pieces) at Costco, each under $20.  I refresh my wardrobe with at least 2 or 3 each year and wash each weekly.  I've had some sets for  years and each is in great shape.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple sets of a very full mumu type of garment sold as a nightgown or nightshirt.  The trouble. Is there's so much fabric, it gets completely twisted around me overnight.  I've had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to untwist all the fabric so I can move.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have quite a few Carole Hochman items.  Some are fantastic and others have been a waste of money.  Some came from QVC, some from Boscov's and recently from Costco.

I know Carole sold her brand years ago and the quality has been inconsistent since. It's a hit or miss now.

Valued Contributor

never saw her items at costo and i bought all my three piece items from qvc and all good quality last many years.

Honored Contributor

@brandy77 

Did you buy them within the last 30 days?

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I've got time to return it, that's not the issue. I don't want to keep something that's going to be car wash rags before the 6 easy pays are paid off. I thought since this is a clearance item it had probably been around for awhile and someone who bought it  might be able to to tell me how it holds up to regular wear and washing. I'll decide over the weekend whether to return them or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

IMO qvc's rayon/span is mostly garbage!  I bought some Logo and and the solids didn't last vey long.  They pilled and grew, became very thin. I won't buy any solid color rayon span, though I still ocasionally buy prints if I really love them, Reading about your experinece, maybe there is something about the printing process that makes the garments more substantial.  

Valued Contributor

I wish that they would make 100% cotton knit jersey pajamas.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I wish that they would make 100% cotton knit jersey pajamas.  

They do.  You can find them easily if you search for them.  I found this set on sale in 3 seconds.

https://www.qvc.com/Carole-Hochman-Stripe-Floral-Cotton-Jersey-2-Piece-Pajama-Set.product.A346799.ht...Smiley Tongue