Honored Contributor

Re: Carole Hochman - NEW set of 2 sleepshirts

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I love them and will order a set.  Or two.

Prices are going up and inflation will be rampant.  You can bank on it.  You can look back and see historically why and I'm thinking we are headed there.

Better stop giving to Good Will and keep for Sooner!  

At least what fits keep. 

@Sooner  Which colors of the set do you have your eyes on?

You are so right about Goodwill. I can't imagine being at the start of our weight loss journey and not the end and having to deal with just starting to acquire a whole new wardrobe now. Who knows how long this inflation period will last. G-O-D forbid, we fall into a depression and the bottom falls out from under us...oy.

@Susan Louise Ha!  I am keeping a wary eye to the future right now!  

I ordered the blue and the pale pink.  I wanted the yellow but was afraid it would be too bright.  I'm not wild about the little prints, but it will be dark and I'll be asleep!  Woman Wink

I got a print dress from them a month ago and sent it back because the print was wildly bright yellow.  SO I am afraid of yellow right now!  

@Sooner  There is a big difference in the colors/hues of most garments in the video presentation compared to the images/pics that QVC additionally provides...even other types of products.

Click on the different color 'circles' of the sleepshirt set. You will notice the yellow is actually a pale yellow and the other colors are also paler. QVC has been using new/different filters on their cameras which make the clothes in the video presentations look like they are all bright neon...LOL

HOWEVER, when there is a split screen and the vender in their home or at another location, their own camera has 'normal' filters, so the color saturation is not enhanced.

Here's a great example...look at Kim Gravel's neon sweatshirt A394081. I actually have all 3 of the colors...lime, orange & pink. If the colors were actually how they looked in the presentation/video with Rachel, I would not have ordered them. Now click on the different color options and look at the pics/images of the sweatshirt...see the difference? Those pics are as close to the real color as possible. Now look back at the video and watch when Kim Gravel is on - during the split screens (1st time is the 1:42 mark), you will see the colors more subdued. I knew that was much closer if not exactly the 'real' color/s...and I was right.

Watch the video of the sleepshirts and at the 1:50 mark you will see the CH rep wearing the sunrise/yellow...it is close to the actual color...HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why someone who doesn't need the item and has no interest in or intention of buying it, is so concerned about the price I'm willing to pay.  I have nightshirts from a couple of years ago and the ones shown last night are much nicer.  People don't bat an eye at paying $40 for a tee shirt so what's so extravagant about a $30 knit sleep shirt that has more fabric? 

I'm not interested in paying a fee to shop at Costco. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  I was so happy to see the C H nightshirts last night. I jumped on the yellow and may get another. Funny, we were just talking about them like last week in a thread. Just wish they had a mint green offering. I LOVE these shirts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Susan Louise  I was so happy to see the C H nightshirts last night. I jumped on the yellow and may get another. Funny, we were just talking about them like last week in a thread. Just wish they had a mint green offering. I LOVE these shirts.

@Queen of shop  Congrats! I'm starting to regret not getting the 'sunrise' last night when it was $62...ugh.

Mint green would be lovely...and with lavender flowers! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't understand why someone who doesn't need the item and has no interest in or intention of buying it, is so concerned about the price I'm willing to pay.  I have nightshirts from a couple of years ago and the ones shown last night are much nicer.  People don't bat an eye at paying $40 for a tee shirt so what's so extravagant about a $30 knit sleep shirt that has more fabric? 

I'm not interested in paying a fee to shop at Costco. 

@Kachina624 I LOVE Costco and one nearer us opens up in July!!!!!  The food is great!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    I'm sure, however, I don't have dry storage or freezer  space for large quantities of anything nor do I do much cooking.  Also, I'm morally opposed to paying to shop at somebody's store so they can make a profit.  Maybe if it was a non-profit store.... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Costco does charge an annual fee, but they also give rebates every year.  Our annual membership fee is $120, but we receive close to $1000 a year in rebates.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

The set is cute but I wish they came in solid colors.  I don't understand why all the cute sleep sets, especially 100% cotton ones come with crazy print bottoms.  A solid color and they could be worn to run to mailbox, answer the door and not look like you're wearing sleepwear.  Anyone else agree or is it only me?

@mspatmac 

There are some nice sleep/pajama dresses on Lands' End. Many are 100% supima cotton, solids and pretty prints.

I didn't expect Carole Hochman to return to 100% cotton nightgowns ever again and ordered my stash of even better 100% supima cotton nightgowns from Lands End earlier this year. The fabric is amazing and the patterns are so much better!  Doubt I'd ever return to Carole Hochman's ditzy prints.

As far as prices, I don't remember what Lands End cost because I buy enough at a time to put a clean one on each night. These are laundered  every 12 days and I'm very pleased with the higher quality fabric and lovely solids & stripes which is a nice change after years of the same type of CH prints. 

I do like the two different necklines on the Carole Hochman set of two nightgowns offered. Glad she decided to return to 100% cotton for the many QVC customers who have been so disappointed in her recent line.  Perhaps QVC and other vendors will also take notice that customers speak with their spending habits. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I think the $38 you’re referring to in the old thread was a discounted price. I went back through my purchase history and found that I paid $42 and change in March 2019. I can’t be sure, but I really think that was discounted from something closer to $50. While the price did go up, it was really nice like $10 to $15.

On the other hand, I’ve been wearing that set of nightshirts for 2 years and they’re still in great shape. They’re comfortable and long enough to cover my behind on my 5’10” frame which isn’t always easy to find.

The $62 price did give me pause, but I ordered the yellow. (I’m plus size and Costco doesn’t carry my size so that’s not a helpful suggestion.)

@RollTide2008   I think I purchased the same set of nighties a few years ago. The prices for all things 100% cotton has gone sky high. 

@Shanus  Did you click on the link in my OP?

@Susan Louise   Yes I clicked on the link. That's when I purchased my set of cotton nightshirts, too. I ened up with grey floral and then the second one was the same colors in reverse print. They're still going strong after any washings.