Honored Contributor

Carole Hochman - NEW set of 2 sleepshirts

[ Edited ]

A391471

ALL the color combos/designs are gorgeous! I especially love the 'sunrise', but the price stopped me dead in my tracks.

holy-cow-smiley.gif

Now mind you, I don't live in a cave and know prices have been going up on everything nowadays. However, IMO, a $25-$30 price increase on a set of cotton sleepshirts is huge. When Amy presented them last night they were at the featured price of about $62...still too steep for me!

Although I'm in no need of any sleepshirts, I'm not gonna lie...I'm still tempted. I'm glad I thought ahead and went back in late 2019 (when they were at a great/lower clearance price) and bought a few sets - a couple of sizes smaller since I had just started the journey of losing weight at the time (Sept 2018).

Just for a price comparison, here's a thread I started on the CH set of 2 sleepshirts offered back in 2019...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Carole-Hochman-set-of-2-sleepshirts/m-p/5287386#M571530

Honored Contributor

Re: Carole Hochman - NEW set of 2 sleepshirts

Carole Hochman items at QVC are extremely high in price.  I buy my items at Costco or Boscov's where they are more affordable.

Last year I got two sets of sleep shirts with matching robes at Costco for about $15 a set and two of their four piece pj sets for about the same price.

Recently, I got two four-piece pj sets at Costco for under $15 each.  Everything is 100% cotton and great quality.  Costco is still selling the four-piece sets on line, but they are now $22...the sale price is gone, but they are still very affordable.  You can get them without being a member.

If you wear pj's and want 100% cotton, I highly recommend them.  You get long pants and shorts and a tank and a tee shirt.  They are well made, first quality and a bargain at at $5.25 a piece.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

Carole Hochman items at QVC are extremely high in price.  I buy my items at Costco or Boscov's where they are more affordable.

Last year I got two sets of sleep shirts with matching robes at Costco for about $15 a set and two of their four piece pj sets for about the same price.

Recently, I got two four-piece pj sets at Costco for under $15 each.  Everything is 100% cotton and great quality.  Costco is still selling the four-piece sets on line, but they are now $22...the sale price is gone, but they are still very affordable.  You can get them without being a member.

If you wear pj's and want 100% cotton, I highly recommend them.  You get long pants and shorts and a tank and a tee shirt.  They are well made, first quality and a bargain at at $5.25 a piece.

@Carmie  I've seen what is offered online at Costco and none of the options/selections/styles interest me. I'm sure the info will help others. I think you mentioned this info on another thread as well.

Additionally, I don't shop at Costco...or any club/membership retailers.

Respected Contributor

I think the $38 you’re referring to in the old thread was a discounted price. I went back through my purchase history and found that I paid $42 and change in March 2019. I can’t be sure, but I really think that was discounted from something closer to $50. While the price did go up, it was really nice like $10 to $15.

On the other hand, I’ve been wearing that set of nightshirts for 2 years and they’re still in great shape. They’re comfortable and long enough to cover my behind on my 5’10” frame which isn’t always easy to find.

The $62 price did give me pause, but I ordered the yellow. (I’m plus size and Costco doesn’t carry my size so that’s not a helpful suggestion.)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This reminded me of a meme that a friend of mine posted on her FB page yesterday:

May be an image of text that says 'Y'all can go broke in Victoria Secret all you want but these are the gowns that had your grandfather making 10-12 babies and paying all the bills... DER'

Honored Contributor

Too pricey for me. I bought a couple of nightshirts from Target a few months ago, and spent about 15 each, and they wear and wash up great, and are very comfortable.....

Respected Contributor

I just checked Boscov’s web site. The plus size Hochman nightshirts are $44 on sale for $17 and change. They are 60/40 cotton poly blend. They website does not give me garment measurements. Without a bust measurement and the length, I don’t know if this will work for me.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I think the $38 you’re referring to in the old thread was a discounted price. I went back through my purchase history and found that I paid $42 and change in March 2019. I can’t be sure, but I really think that was discounted from something closer to $50. While the price did go up, it was really nice like $10 to $15.

On the other hand, I’ve been wearing that set of nightshirts for 2 years and they’re still in great shape. They’re comfortable and long enough to cover my behind on my 5’10” frame which isn’t always easy to find.

The $62 price did give me pause, but I ordered the yellow. (I’m plus size and Costco doesn’t carry my size so that’s not a helpful suggestion.)

@RollTide2008 Yes, it was a sale price at $38 and the regular price was about $42-45. That is still about a $25 difference and about a $30+ difference with sale/clearance.

I mentioned that in my OP/click on link to the other thread. The clearance price was around $32 when I went back and got smaller sizes later that year.

Trusted Contributor

That was a pricey set, but I invested in it.  Hope they fit!  I have so many CH sets and nightgowns that have lasted forever, so sometimes I decide to splurge.

Honored Contributor

I love them and will order a set.  Or two.

Prices are going up and inflation will be rampant.  You can bank on it.  You can look back and see historically why and I'm thinking we are headed there.

Better stop giving to Good Will and keep for Sooner!  

At least what fits keep.