Respected Contributor

Re: Carol Hochman withdrawal

@itsmagic wrote:

@sunshine45  I just did some online research and Komar Brands owns both Carole Hochman and Cuddle Duds. 

According to their website, Komar does many lines in addition to Carole Hochman (and Cuddle Duds), including sleepwear by Stan Herman, Betsey Johnson, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Lanz of Salzburg, Nautica, Kate Spade NY, kensie, Oscar de la Renta Pink Label, Company Ellen Tracy, Eileen West, AK Anne Klein, DKNY, Jockey, Chaps, Lucky Brand, Tommy Bahama Island Sleepwear, and Ellen Tracy.

Valued Contributor

Carol Hochman pj's and nightgowns are all over TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  Better prices and no s/h.

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Carol Hochman pj's and nightgowns are all over TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  Better prices and no s/h.

yes, and they are not by CAROL HOCHMAN.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

@sunshine45  I just did some online research and Komar Brands owns both Carole Hochman and Cuddle Duds. 

According to their website, Komar does many lines in addition to Carole Hochman (and Cuddle Duds), including sleepwear by Stan Herman, Betsey Johnson, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Lanz of Salzburg, Nautica, Kate Spade NY, kensie, Oscar de la Renta Pink Label, Company Ellen Tracy, Eileen West, AK Anne Klein, DKNY, Jockey, Chaps, Lucky Brand, Tommy Bahama Island Sleepwear, and Ellen Tracy.

holy cats!  Talk about an octopus 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I'm glad she's coming to HSN--cheaper prices!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

The 3 piece set that was a TSV awhile back has been awesome for me. They come in tall which is sort of like a miracle, and I just took one of the sets (I have 3 now) on a trip. The long jacket is so nice because you can sit around in your jammies and not be all exposed. Also that jacket doubled nicely as an after-shower robe, so I didn't have to think about packing a robe. I really LOVE her stuff. I also have a gown I love.

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma interesting information. I had a set of hers many years ago which I really did not like at all and which did not wash well. The current line is awesome in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased many of Carole Hochman's PJ's @ Costco (spring and winter).  Might find some there.

Esteemed Contributor

If the same company makes Cuddleduds ,that explains why I love them too.........lol

Esteemed Contributor

jonbon wrote:

itsmagic wrote:

@Sunshine45  I just did some online research and Komar Brands owns both Carole Hochman and Cuddle Duds. 

The list of brands for which Komar is the manufacturer of their pjs/loungewear apparel is not surprising. This is a common situation in cosmetics, fashion and accessories (including pjs and underwear).  The consumer is buying a name. Most people don't know-- or care -- that in the big picture of worldwide manufacturing these products, there are very few.

While I have been satisfied with my QVC Carole Hochman purchases, I stopped buying this brand from QVC a long time ago.  It doesn't make sense to spend $60 for a sleepshirt I can get for less than $30 (even it means buying from the sale racks) at one of the local department or discount stores.  This story of a designer losing the right to use their own name seems like an unfortunate thing, but the designer usually makes a huge profit in these licensing agreements. However, I've always been one to think our name is a valuable possession, but of course no one has ever offered millions of dollars for mine. I'd probably sell out too.  

I look forward to seeing what Carol brings to HSN.