Honored Contributor

Re: Cardigan Layered Over Denim Jacket

It doesn't look like a denim jacket at all. Take a look at the close-ups, its just a thin denim shirt over a tee and then a bulky sweater over that. Kind-of overkill.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I couldn't pull off a look like that, but I do love the sweater!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I love that sweater and the outfit looks good on her.  I, personally, like some of the others have said would do a denim or chambray shirt instead of the denim jacket.  Oh to be that slim and fit! 

Honored Contributor

It looks like a cardigan over  denim shirt to me.  Almost everyone who owns a denim shirt does that.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful sweater.  My first thought was "No" but the more I look at it, the better it looks.  As the sweater is thick and chunky, it does cry out for something sustantial under it, and a denim jacket works.  Wonder what a lightweight leather jacket would look like under it.  Better maybe?  I'm not really a fan of this particular denim jacket tho.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to go with denim shirt.  Look at the silver snaps in the close-up.  They're small, not big like the snaps on a denim jacket. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

I have to go with denim shirt.  Look at the silver snaps in the close-up.  They're small, not big like the snaps on a denim jacket. 

In the most close-up photo, they appear to be pearlized snaps, as one would find on a western-style garment. Also, the fabric looks fairly heavy. I vote for a jacket that is not a traditional denim jacket.

ETA: I looked at another photo elsewhere, and seeing the hem made me think heavyweight denim shirt.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Katie Holmes again..she attended the Tahari show at New York Fashion Week. She wore this Tahari cardigan over a Levi's denim jacket. White t shirt. 

She looks so young here, like Joey Potter on Dawson's Creek. Would you wear a cardigan over a denim jacket? I do love the Aran pattern of the sweater.

katie-holmes-cardigan-embed.jpg

Katie-Holmes-cardigan-lead1.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21   That looiks about 30 years younger than Katie Holmes.  This looks like her daughter.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  - Here's her daughter, Suri Cruise:

suri-cruise-13-birthday-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-new-york-city-parents-divorced-scientology-f.jpg

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Nonametoday  - Here's her daughter, Suri Cruise:

suri-cruise-13-birthday-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-new-york-city-parents-divorced-scientology-f.jpg

@San Antonio Gal   Yes, don't you think the picture in the cardigan and denim jacket looks more like Suri than her mother?  I have seen lots of recent pix of Katie lately and that picture looks 30 years younger than some I have been seeing.