Honored Contributor

Re: Cardigan Layered Over Denim Jacket

Of course-- over a denim shirt, but not a jacket. 

The jackets usually have the metal buttons and I feel like they could *catch* and pull the knit.

Esteemed Contributor

Love that cardigan!!

Honored Contributor

I was all ready to say what a silly idea just from reading the title of the thread, but then I saw the photos.

It looks great!  

She's chosen a heavier weight cardigan and that makes all the difference.  Clearly, one of those "twin set" cardigans would not work at all, but this one really does.

Maybe she doesn't want the smoother look a shirt would have given her.  Her tee and pants are smooth enough and maybe she wanted more contrasting textures on that particular day/during that event.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I'd wear the sweater over a denim shirt but not a jacket...it adds bulk, bumps & looks silly.

Honored Contributor

No , I would not want to wear a sweater over a Denim Jacket, I am far too hot usually for all of that layering. But on her it looks great. She is so cute...I love that sweater she is wearing. It is gorgeous!

Super Contributor

She does look adorable, but a jacket and a sweater?  Good grief!!  I would pass out!!

Respected Contributor

I love the cardigan, but I would never wear it over another jacket.

In the second picture, Katie looks like she just walked off the Dawson's Creek set. She looks exactly like she did back then. So young!!

Honored Contributor

lol  -  not unless I were freezing. 

Certainly not a style statement I like.

Honored Contributor

She looks great in it. For me, it would just be too bulky and uncomfortable.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I tend to buy my denim jackets a bit on the large side, so layering a cardigan over it would look terrible.  If I bought a slim fitting one specifically to be worn with a cardigan, that's another story.  However, I'm not loving the look on Katie, so I'm sure it would look awful on me.

I don't even think I'd wear a denim jacket over a cardigan unless the cardigan was being worn as a top.  Three layers are too many for me.