Valued Contributor

Re: Capes, Capelets & Ponchos...are you wearing something from your closet or purchasing a new one?

I love ponchos but for me I love the ones with a belt I think it makes me looks not so full but I might order the newest joan poncho.

Respected Contributor

Re: Capes, Capelets & Ponchos...are you wearing something from your closet or purchasing a new one?

I like them on other people. Louis's version is very pretty.

For me, they don't do much. I'm too short to carry off that look. I think they look better on taller people.

Besides, when I'm cold I want something closer to the body.

Valued Contributor

Lauren Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren. Got mine at Von Maur. Comes in black, too

Honored Contributor

absolutely LOVE ponchos, capes, ruanas and have a pretty nice collection of them in different styles and colors and weights. they are so hard for me to resist because they are so easy to use and the perfect weight for me ( i dont like heavy coats anymore). i have seen a few at chicos that i really like, the jen rade one that is posted looks great, and i love ones that have some faux fur on them. i like the colors of the linea one, but that turtleneck style killed it for me......dont want to have to pull it over my head with a turtleneck (it will create a mess with my hair) and i dont wear turtlenecks or mocknecks anymore due to personal summer issues LOL. a cowl neck for that one would have been much nicer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Here is a poncho sold at HSN that might work especially well for petites:

360-210

Jamie Gries Collection

Jamie Gries Collection Cropped Military Poncho
For a look that commands attention, this stylish military poncho makes a great layering piece. Pull it over a turtleneck and skinny jeans to create a fabulous cozy look!

Jamie Gries Collection Cropped Military Poncho

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Sunshine, the one on the bottom is cute. Where did you find that?

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

the ones i posted are from chicos.

Honored Contributor

chi town girl.......i really like the JR one with the buttons....i was looking at that earlier today.

Valued Contributor

On 10/13/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 10/13/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

the ones i posted are from chicos.

Thanks!!