Honored Contributor

Re: Canyon Retreat by Denim & Co.

@shoesnbags - I think a lot of us are in the same boat! We don't NEED any more jackets, but how can we resist? LOL! IMO this is one we don't want to resist!

The color on the turquoise jacket is a true black. I think you can see it on the pictures I posted above.   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @beach-mom .  I was just afraid to trust my monitor.  And BTW I think that the turquoise pattern looks much nicer in your pics than in the QVC pic. I was set on the Dark Ivy choice until I saw your post.  Now I can dither over Turq. vs. Dark Ivy in addition to whether I order at all.  But a pleasant distraction from real life!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received my order this morning, a day earlier than promised ... both jackets are nice, rather light-weight than expected, but fine nevertheless.  At the first sign of cool weather it'll be fine ... after that, I'll need a light sweater under neath.

I would have preferred the white in the turquoise jacket to be more of a cream, however.  I see the mid denim blue more of an early spring than fall, so if I keep it, that's probably when I'll wear it ... still on the fence about that one.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom I agree & assume that the TSV will be something fun/new that I'm betting we will like, based on what they have posted thus far! I've chosen a few items (including the discussed Fleece Jacket) am very excited! I also really appreaciate that some of the solid color items will be adaptable for other Non-Southwest specific outfits.

Did anyone notice that there is a new 3 Pack of DC 3/4 Sleeve/ScoopNeck Perfect Jersey Tops in the "New Today" section online? All the color groupings are great & will both go very well with any "Southwest Looks" & for general wear! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, the turquoise is now sold out in my size! (xs) Not even waitlist left.  Kudos to all who scooped it up early.  I was leaning towards to dark ivy so put it my order right away.  Guess QVC has a winner with this one.

Also, for all of you western lovin' ladies, I came across an Aztec patterned fleece "shacket' on the big A for only $32.99.  Ordered it through their free try-on service for Prime members and it's beautifully made, nice weight fleece. Inside seams well finished. Two of the choices are Aztec prints, but only the turquoise print can be tried on for free.  I'll definitely be keeping mine.  If you want to take a look, go to the "A" website and type in: Legendary Whitetails Women's Standard Trail Guide Fleece Button Down Shirt.  It's the first shirt - top left.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

ok....

u ladies have about wore me down!

i love love this jacket

i do not need this jacket

but dang nabbit i sure want this jacket

lol

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

This shirt says it is a "Button-Front" but clearly it has those pearl-snaps! ....exactly what I don't want. Otherwise I might have considered buying this. 

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Canyon-Retreat-TENCEL-Collared-Button-Front-Shirt.product.A522808.h...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a heads up for anyone watching Denim Days on Labor Day at 4 p.m. It looks like Carolyn is wearing A520059 Canyon Retreat Regular Textured Knit Tunic with Split Hem in Clay Red.

I have this. The color is a lot brighter on screen than it is in person. I think it's more of a light brick color- not bright at all.

Of course, she could be wearing another top! LOL!  Smiley Wink

ETA: As soon as I posted this Carolyn and Gary said that IS the top!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

A new line by Denim & Co. "For wardrobes craving a vacation from the ordinary." It looks like it has a southwestern influence. I hope so! I may be in trouble! LOL! 

TSV coming September 11, 2022. Smiley Happy

very curious to see what the TS will be

I love that SW aesthetic, but not sure how it translates for wear in my area

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What is 100% viscose? I found one neutral top that is 96% cotton but I've never heard of some of these other fabrics.

rayon

ask google what something is