Re: Canyon Retreat by Denim & Co.

Oh boy, am I in trouble!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Look under NEW.  Many new Canyon items posted today

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I thought about you yesterday when I saw this post.  It was the first I heard of Canyon Retreat and I my first thought was I'll bet Kachina will love this line.  I see quite a few items I want.  I do have a wool allergy and I like the checked shacket but it has 5% wool.  I wonder if this small amount would be OK for me worn over a top 

Honored Contributor

I like the sweater I saw in this new line--until I looked at the fabric which was acrylic and some other synthetics.

That kind of "look" requires natural fabrics in my opinion.  Maybe they'll feature more in the future.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette    Experience has taught me sweaters with acrylic tend to pill and I won't buy them.

I thought much of the collection was just the usual D&C but there were a few interesting pieces.  I especially like the fleece jacket....like I need another jacket.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Kachina624   I thought about you yesterday when I saw this post.  It was the first I heard of Canyon Retreat and I my first thought was I'll bet Kachina will love this line.  I see quite a few items I want.  I do have a wool allergy and I like the checked shacket but it has 5% wool.  I wonder if this small amount would be OK for me worn over a top 

@KathyM23    You could order it and try it, then return if it doesn't work out.

I just wish Gary would add the bandanna tees I requested over a year ago.  They would be both Southwestern and Americana.  I want one in red so bad.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I thought the southwestern look in clothing was sooo 90's! Woman LOL

JAMAIS (NEVER) !!  LOL !

@ID2  -  JK!  I think there are a lot of us who loved this look before the 90's and still love it today. I'm one. I just went to a 60th birthday party, and wore my ruffled skirt and my cowboy boots. I have two pairs. 

I've always liked the southwest style. My dad went to NM a lot for business when I was growing up. He brought back jewelry. My mom wasn't crazy about the look, but I was. When I was in high school I carried an armadillo purse!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geezerette    Experience has taught me sweaters with acrylic tend to pill and I won't buy them.

I thought much of the collection was just the usual D&C but there were a few interesting pieces.  I especially like the fleece jacket....like I need another jacket.

@Kachina624 

I like it too, although like most lines they assume you'll be wearing jeans and have all color choices with blue.  I wear black pants.

Like you, I do not need another fleece jacket.  I already have more than I can use for the short cold weather period where I live.

However, that doesn't mean I won't be persuaded if I happen to see the presentation...😉

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I thought the southwestern look in clothing was sooo 90's! Woman LOL

@ID2 

90s looks are back!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

The shacket says $5.50 shipping.