Honored Contributor

Candace jeans arrived and was there a difference between these jeans.......

[ Edited ]

And my usual American Made premium jeans? Sadly...Yes!  First the feel of the jeans.  Candace's jeans are thinner and not as soft or substantial as my Rag & Bone.  Same combo 99% cotton 1% stretch. Hers is regular cotton.  My premium jeans are made from Supima cotton.  The fit isn't as good either.   A  little on the baggy side though relax is supposedly the style.  I've dropped some weight & that could be a factor. In premium jeans I'm usually a 0-2.  I could not figure out the size (numeric sizing.  Most premium jeans are waist size)  My waist size is a 25 and went for a size 2 (I guessed) Close enough but a bit loose around the waist & hips/back side.  Should have sized down. I got the petite by the way, 29" inseam which is OK. Not as comfortable as my premium jeans or as tailored looking.  Supima cotton is really nice against the skin. Liked the shredding on these jeans.  The color is super nice though. In short there is a difference between $150.00-$200.00 up jeans and Under $80.00 jeans.  You have to remember that my build is slight....closer to a guy than a girl. It's a an OK jean.  This was not made in China, but Vietnam. 

By the way I also got Candace stripped short sleeve top (with key hole) with a neutral stripe.  Very cute.  I loved it. Looks good with the jeans.  Am wearing them tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Candace jeans arrived and was there a difference between these jeans.......

@songbird  I have to say, and I firmly believe, you get what you pay for. I have a few of CCB tops and like them.

Honored Contributor

@songbirdHi.  Why of why would you compare the two lines.  Rag & Bone are priced so high for a reason.  You have to choose quality or price.  As far as sizing for her jeans, I wear a 2 and had to return a pair for a 0.  They do run big.  I have premium denim also that I purchased ten or more years ago and they still are in great condition.  I doubt the pair I have of Candace's jeans will last that long. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  Correct!  I forgot to mention.  The premium jeans last for a very long, long time.  I'm just that way with jeans.  I guess because Jeans were invented in the U.S.  Something uniquely ours.

Regular Contributor

You have to remember that California is pretty warm.  So of course the jeans are light weight.  Personally, I'm always looking for light weight clothes.  Tee shirts and jeans are clothes that I usually spend my money on.

I do agree you get what you pay for but heavy clothes are not my thing

Honored Contributor

Were you expecting them to be the same? Or is this another opportunity to talk about your $200 jeans again?

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@rms1954  Correct!  I forgot to mention.  The premium jeans last for a very long, long time.  I'm just that way with jeans.  I guess because Jeans were invented in the U.S.  Something uniquely ours.

Yes, good old USA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Were you expecting them to be the same? Or is this another opportunity to talk about your $200 jeans again?

@GenXmuse , that's really not fair!  On another thread someone requested she review the quality between the two brands.  Naturally there's gonna be a difference, but I think she was just responding to a request.

Honored Contributor

@songbird - wow, you got fast shipping! Thank you for posting reviews

Some of the Q and H brands promote their denim as 'designer' and 'premium' Nothing wrong with your comparison. I think you had a genuine interest. While these didn't work for you, maybe another brand will work like Laurie Felt or even another jean style from CCB

I too had to return a previous CCB jeans purchase bc of sizing issue - they were too big and no exchange available bc they were sold out. I was disappointed, but, I will definitely try again. She has some cute and contemporary fashions - her jeans are highly rated

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Songbird, thanks for the review. I have been considering the Candace jean but was wondering about sizing, stretch, and everything. You answered a lot of my questions.