Esteemed Contributor

Candace Cameron Bure Short Tops

[ Edited ]

The Candace Cameron Bure Cotton Gauze Eyelet Sleeve Blouse A396652 is so pretty but too short.  They barely showed it on the live models, both times from an overhead camera, so we could not see the length.  Not a fan of the overhead camera shots because that is not how we look in real life.  The white blouse is completely sheer.  For most of the presentation, they just showed us the blouse on hangers.  In a pretaped video, the model turned to her back and raised her arms, and it was obvious the blouse's hem in the front went above her waist.  Candace put it on for a second near the end of the presentation and quickly tucked it in when the camera went to her, so the super short hemline could not be seen.  Anyway, pretty, really short.

It looks like short hemlines on tops is her signature look.  Not for us who are not superfit.  

Even in the pictures in the website most don't show the length.  I only realized the short length when I looked at the garment measurements before the presentation because I was thinking about purchasing it.  Like the pretty neckline and sleeves, and the blue color is gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure Short Tops

Everything is relative.... not too short for me. I stopped buying tops on QVC because they are too long. All depends on your height.

Honored Contributor

Really enjoying this new line of clothes. Very happy for Candace for her seemingly successful endeavors.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched her show live, because I think she is adorable.  She really knows how to sell her clothes.  But I thought all her tops looked too short.

Years ago someone stated that Susan Graver designs clothes that look good on her (Susan).  I tend to agree with that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Candace was on the shorter side, so maybe that is why her tops run short.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I love Candace's line, especially since she offers shorter tops.  Being petite, most of the tops that QVC sells are too long for me.  It's nice to see a variety in lengths.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I agree and there are a couple of other lines that I buy, but some of their tops, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. are too short for my liking and I'm only 5'3" and an XS.

Some of Peace, Love, World tops are too short for me too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I watched her show live, because I think she is adorable.  She really knows how to sell her clothes.  But I thought all her tops looked too short.

Years ago someone stated that Susan Graver designs clothes that look good on her (Susan).  I tend to agree with that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Candace was on the shorter side, so maybe that is why her tops run short.

I don't like when the blouses are too long either.  I have complained about QVC featuring tops that are too long!  But these are too short for me.  

I would have bought this when I was younger/fitter.

I am not big on "brand names" so the name wouldn't have mattered to me either way.

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of her clothing,they all look like they are made for teens,not adults 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMeI like the selection of colors on this one.  It is short, but so am I  LOL.  I like it a lot.  It's 100% cotton and at a good price.  It's a shirt for right now. 

It's advanced order ladies so make sure you note that when you order.

Thanks for sharing...

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

For myself this would be fine.  Being only 5"2 it is the long ones that I cannot stand.  Sometimes I feel like have tucked a shirt in my pants down to my knees.  This one could be worn in or out.  I like all her clothing shown so far.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."