Respected Contributor

Candace Cameron Bure Fabric Reviews 53% linen/47% viscose

Has anyone tried Candace Bure's 53% / 47% Viscose fabric?

I see it is an upcoming TSV and general reviews on her workmanship are pretty good, was wondering about this specific fabric.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure Fabric Reviews 53% linen/47% viscose

@rockygems123 wrote:

I see it is an upcoming TSV and general reviews on her workmanship are pretty good, was wondering about this specific fabric.  TIA

I own tops made of viscose, though not Candace's, and it is a very nice material. Comfortable, not heavy and wears well. Just to be safe, I handwash my viscose tops and hang dry. They turn out well. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

I own tops made of viscose, though not Candace's, and it is a very nice material. Comfortable, not heavy and wears well. Just to be safe, I handwash my viscose tops and hang dry. They turn out well. 

@teganslaw I do not own any viscose (that I know of) or linen...will this blend shrink alot or wrinkle badly??

Honored Contributor

Viscose is a type of rayon. Rayon fabrics also include modal, bamboo and lyocell. In that group of fabrics viscose is the most economically (and most common rayon) produced fabric while lyocell costs the most to manufacture. All rayon, except lyocell, is not ecofriendly meaning the manufacturing process involves many chemical pollutants which are bad for the natural environment.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite , Viscose hasn't shrunk or wrinkled, although my 100% linen tops have wrinkled a little, not the linen blend. 

I wash viscose by hand, so I don't know what would happen if I put it in the machine. It might be OK, but I don't want to take chances. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thanks for the info on the various rayons, especially their effects on the environment.  Although my biggest contribution as far as clothing goes is just not buying much at all new, I have been collecting info for the time when I can no longer fill my needs by closet shopping.

I've become concerned about the amount of water it takes to get some items to the marketplace, and about the kinds of products that don't decompose well.  Adding pollutants to my thinking also.  Any info you provide helps me make choices.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@teganslaw I do not own any viscose (that I know of) or linen...will this blend shrink alot or wrinkle badly??

@tsavorite   With that fabric content, its bound to need ironing before every wearing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@tsavorite   With that fabric content, its bound to need ironing before every wearing.

Thank you....this is a major pass for me....I do not do ironing!! LOL

Super Contributor

I am so tempted but I also won't iron. Hubby bought me a steamer over a year ago. That I have yet to use.

They are pretty and I love plaid. I am also wondering if they will shrink?

Honored Contributor

I have a coupole of tops made of this.  I got mine through Rag & Bone.  Very comfortable to wear.  they have never shrank.