Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron Bure Bringing Fashion Line to QVC

[ Edited ]

@matty liz wrote:

I watch Candice on the mystery Hallmark channel, she has such cute clothes.  I kept thinking I wish she would have a line.  I don't like clothes with messages but I do like update clothes she wears.  I realize that might not be the line I see but the Q has been  presenting such "funny" looks that I shake my head.  Yes, whom ever, these are my observations and I observe but don't buy.  Hope I am surprised 

@matty liz I chuckled at your post because my reaction to learning Candace Cameron Bure was bringing a clothing line to QVC was wouldn't it be nice if the garments were in the style of her Aurora Teagarden apparel.  Whoever procures the apparel and accessories, and the stylist for the Teagarden series do a fantastic job. 

I will be watching Candace's TSV debut tonight on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

As a Christian I don't wear inspirational message clothing but I do wear my cross necklace.  But, I am not saying everyone who wears a cross necklace is a Christian because it seems the cross is simply a fashion piece for some.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Reading these comments about the Hallmark channel make me giggle.  My MIL watches the Hallmark channel 24x7 & my husband & I have a good laugh over it (she watches NOTHING else).  Well...we've gotten so sick of watching the news, both local & national that we've started watching the Hallmark channel!  We now laugh at ourselves because we are turning into my MIL...HA!  (probably only funny for me because it's a family joke, but I had to share).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@4kitties 

As a Christian I don't wear inspirational message clothing but I do wear my cross necklace.  But, I am not saying everyone who wears a cross necklace is a Christian because it seems the cross is simply a fashion piece for some.

@SurferWife 

I wear a Footprints in the Sand 14k heart shaped pendant that I got here at the Q years ago.  I love it!  It has footprints on on the front and then the "When you only see one set of footprints it was then that I carried you".  💕

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

@SurferWife 

You're right about the cross being worn for different purposes. For some, a statement of belief. and I've seen the cross worn on female celebrities nestled between a very ample bossom.

Trusted Contributor

I like the tshirt.  The Vneck, the slub, and the sleeve detail interest me.  Wish it were a little longer.  Will watch tonight.

The rest of her items look like a lot of other QVC lines,

Honored Contributor

Program guide says “west coast inspired” fashions. Definitely not interested!
Esteemed Contributor

Like several of the posters, I am a Christian too, but am not required to, and I don't select my clothes because of the religion of the person whose name is on the items.  For those who do, please note that the line does not claim she designed or manufactured the clothes, she is just representing them on TV.  The handful of clothing items are really basic (t-shirt, cropped jeans, jean jacket, hoodie, midi skirt), and could be named Denim & Co., or any of the many other brands that QVC has.  Nothing interesting about the design, workmanship or fit.  The items are "imported."  If she offered something I did like and could afford, I would of course buy it.

The only novel items are the aprons.  I have never seen QVC offer aprons before, but I don't shop for food items here. Maybe that will be her signature item.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I saw her leggings on us magazine and if I wore leggings I would want them. They were so pretty and had a v opening at the bottom.

Hunter McGrady, (a plus size model)

is supposed to be on QVC starting April 22nd! (selling her line of clothes).

@on the bay    She has already been selling her clothing for several months.  I just wonder how it's doing?  The styles, although not exclusively for plus size women, are marketed that way and are really not what I'd consider suitable. 

@Kachina624 Katrina Szish features Hunter McGrady clothes regularly on her show, and Katrina and Blair usually model them. No mention has been made of it being a plus line, so not the marketing that you suggest.  The items seem nice, but I haven't bought anything yet.  Katrina treats Hunter like her other design professionals, like Dennis Basso and Jason Wu, who are also regular.  They have all overlapped, Katrina usually has 3 guests per show, and 2 models.  Blair and someone else.  The Hunter McGrady line has been around for a while, don't know how long.  I think they said Hunter is pregnant, and they don't show her whole body.  Same as Jason Wu (except for the pregnancy).  Dennis sometimes puts on a little show, and gets full body shots when he has fully dressed mannequins, which is not always.  They all speak about each other's items and whatever else Katrina is offering.  I am including this explanation because I think @Kachina624 has said she has not watched Katrina's show.  

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe    I watch Katrina's show all the time.  I'm a big Katrina fan   I've never watched Hunter McGrady's  show but have looked at her stuff online.  There has never been anything in which I'd be remotely interested. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment