Honored Contributor

Re: Can you imagine being William's wife, Kate?

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I'm a bit too Bohemian (in the non-conformist sense) to fit well or happily into that culture.

But, I too would love to have her clothing and beauty budget!

I, too, would love the clothing and beauty budget.  I'd also love the hair stylist and makeup artist!!!

@winamac1  I have read many times that Kate does her own makeup.

I did not say she didn't ever do her own makeup.  

I do know she has a makeup artist at times.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I could imagine. The pros being a kind, handsome, loving, wealthy prince for a husband; two adorable children; a beautiful face & figure; the opportunity to support charitable causes; the houses; the horses; the jewelry; wardrobe; the servants. The cons, no privacy, and a very regimented schedule. Certainly I would enjoy the perks, but I don't know that I could tolerate being in the public eye like that. My own out the door looks vary. Ok, I think I beat OP for worst. My son had an appointment last weekend. We both overslept and DH wasn't home. I twisted my uncombed hair up in a clip, threw a raincoat over my nightgown, and slipped my DH's size 13 crocks on my size 7 feet to drop son off. Thank goodness I was not pulled over.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

At least Kate and William allow themselves to be much more casual in public than Charles does with his ever-present double breasted suits and a tie no matter what he is doing!   We've seen Kate and William in jeans and sweaters/casual tops and loafers, even athletic shoes.  Kate isn't always in heels and good for her.  She's a "busy mom" (as Jill Bauer would say) with two young children.  She always looks nice, even when casual.  Good for them for relaxing the rigidity and formality of the royals somewhat, for their own comfort.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

huh?   Looking good and letting herself be photographed looking good is Kate's job. She does it very well but we only see what we are supposed to see.  We don't know what she looks like when she's living her private life.  I'm sure she looks amazing but not as perfect as her public persona.  Kate is an educated woman who knows the realities of her life.  

IMO that was the difference between Diana and Kate - Diana was immature (even for a 19 year old) and went into this life with stars in her eyes & a fairy tale ideas of what her life was going to be. Kate was mature and fully aware plus has a husband who loves her and puts his family first. 

Honored Contributor

The British press would have great fun poking fun at me.  My wardrobe is Denim & Co with "grandma shoes".  

Valued Contributor

She is just so slim.  But she has to look perfect all of the time in public.