Honored Contributor

Re: Can you imagine being William's wife, Kate?

I'm a bit too Bohemian (in the non-conformist sense) to fit well or happily into that culture.

But, I too would love to have her clothing and beauty budget!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

Only if he likes older women.

Where have you been?  Many times I've wondered where you were, when you could have jumped on something with one of your answers. Hope to see you more here.

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

There's not enough money in the world for me to want that kind of lifestyle.

As for me, I chill with my makeup on the weekend.  I wear none (even when I do my food shopping and stuff) and I usually do a nice facial mask on both Saturday and Sunday evening.  I like to give my skin a break.

ITA

I would never want that lifestyle.  I do wear makeup on the weekends, and I always look pulled together.  That being said, I wear yoga pants, etc. on the weekends, LOL.

I'd also never want to be involved in so many "functions" and parties and be in the public eye that much.  I like my alone time, and I hate being overly committed.  I don't like having more than one "activity" or social gathering on the weekend.  I certainly would not want to be at parties and functions all of the time-not for me!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I'm a bit too Bohemian (in the non-conformist sense) to fit well or happily into that culture.

I, too, would love the clothing and beauty budget.  I'd also love the hair stylist and makeup artist!!!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't want the life...no matter the money or lifestyle..be it a real life prince or one we consider our perfect prince.

Being depressed rich or being depressed poor? You are still depressed and all the money in the world isn't going to change that.

I wouldn't want to be "on" everytime I left the house but she knew the deal when she signed up.

I think what I wouldn't like is no control over my own kids...and knowing I had to send them to boarding school to groom them at a young age..and that Royal Protocol came first and not the kids.  Plus we have military wives and other jobs our husbands are gone for long periods of time..but they don't get to choose their function it is mapped out for them..

While it would always nice to think of having to not cook, clean etc...in reality what she has to do instead isn't fun...having to go put a smile on your face even if you don't feel well or feel like going..didn't sleep the night before ..travel if you don't want..

the worst thing to me would be having to hand over your kids to royal protocol and do things their way.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to keep that ultra slim figure. Sometimes it seems like Kate is following in the footsteps of Diana, i.e., maintaining an ultra slim silhouette so that the media don't criticize. Eating disorders immediately come to mind.

The 'ultra slim' figure of Kate/Diana is what 'normal body weight' looks like.  Our American Eye has gotten so off course, we can't recognize someone being normal weight unless 'eating disorder' is implied.

Sad. 

Not really "normal" because it is well publicized that Kate follows the Dukan Diet and eats a very high protein, low carbohydrate diet. She exercises voraciously.She wouldn't be rail thin without it.

Super Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SeaMaiden@qualitygal @Pearlee @libbyannE @chrystaltree

Not if she's with Prince William I've read. I can't wait to see what happens when Prince Charles ascends.

The protocol of bowing within the royal family is all bow to the monarch, and then in order of ranking within the family. The Duchess of Cornwall will not be called Queen when Charles ascends to the throne.  That was a deal brokered when the QEII gave her consent to the marriage.  I would expect that Charles will honor that arrangement.  Therefore, when William becomes Prince of Wales, Kate as Princess of Wales will be the highest ranking female in the Windsor family.

Trix .... thanks for the info that Camilla will never be addressed as "Queen" ... many feel she does not deserve this title of honor.

The new rules of Court make it clear that the former Kate Middleton, when she is not accompanied by Prince William, must curtsy to the “blood princesses”, the Princess Royal, Princess Alexandra, and the daughters of the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

When William is with her, Kate does not need to bend the knee to either of them (the Princesses), but she must curtsy to the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would not want that life, but I do enjoy seeing what she wears. Does she ever wear the same thing twice? 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I, too, would love the clothing and beauty budget.  I'd also love the hair stylist and makeup artist!!!

@winamac1  I have read many times that Kate does her own makeup.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I would not want that life, but I do enjoy seeing what she wears. Does she ever wear the same thing twice? 

I read that she has.