Honored Contributor

Re: Can you imagine being William's wife, Kate?

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to keep that ultra slim figure. Sometimes it seems like Kate is following in the footsteps of Diana, i.e., maintaining an ultra slim silhouette so that the media don't criticize. Eating disorders immediately come to mind.

The 'ultra slim' figure of Kate/Diana is what 'normal body weight' looks like.  Our American Eye has gotten so off course, we can't recognize someone being normal weight unless 'eating disorder' is implied.

Sad. 

Respected Contributor

Kate is an educated woman.  She and William were together for a long time.  She knew exactly what her life would be like.  In reality the only time I feel sort of sorry for her: When she has a baby, she gets to rest for maybe an hour, then she has to have her hair and makeup done, get dressed etc so she can walk out of the hospital in front of reporters.  I do not know about the rest of you, but I was very tired after delivering my son.  I was glad to be able to rest.

Valued Contributor

No.  I actually saw an article criticizing her FEET (she had to remove her shoes at a mosque).  It was one thing back in Diana's day with the horrid papparazzi, but now everyone has a camera.  I think it's why Harry hasn't married, cute as he is.  Who would want that loss of privacy?

Trusted Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to keep that ultra slim figure. Sometimes it seems like Kate is following in the footsteps of Diana, i.e., maintaining an ultra slim silhouette so that the media don't criticize. Eating disorders immediately come to mind.

And some women are just thin. 

I think she just has that long and lanky body type.  I don't think she has an eating disorder at all.  She is thin but looks very healthy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I do not envy that life at all. As for looking good, I am always made up and dressed to look my best, so not an issue.  I suspect Kate has a bit more help than I do ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

@athenian wrote:

No.  I actually saw an article criticizing her FEET (she had to remove her shoes at a mosque).  It was one thing back in Diana's day with the horrid papparazzi, but now everyone has a camera.  I think it's why Harry hasn't married, cute as he is.  Who would want that loss of privacy?

I remembered those photos of her unattractive feet.  She must not have known she'd be taking her shoes off that day.  

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

There's no reason to think that.  Until there's a reason too, I wouldn't go there. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The 'ultra slim' figure of Kate/Diana is what 'normal body weight' looks like.  Our American Eye has gotten so off course, we can't recognize someone being normal weight unless 'eating disorder' is implied.

Sad. 

It was well known that Diana had bulimia.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Sad. 

It was well known that Diana had bulimia.

Please make note I purposefully didn't say HEALTHY weight.

A large % of people with Bulimia Nervosa will be within normal body weight.   Eating disorders are between the ears. Someone can look exactly like Kate/Diana and not have an eating disorder. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SeaMaiden@qualitygal @Pearlee @libbyannE @chrystaltree

Not if she's with Prince William I've read. I can't wait to see what happens when Prince Charles ascends.

The protocol of bowing within the royal family is all bow to the monarch, and then in order of ranking within the family. The Duchess of Cornwall will not be called Queen when Charles ascends to the throne.  That was a deal brokered when the QEII gave her consent to the marriage.  I would expect that Charles will honor that arrangement.  Therefore, when William becomes Prince of Wales, Kate as Princess of Wales will be the highest ranking female in the Windsor family.