Respected Contributor

Re: Can you imagine being William's wife, Kate?

I respect Kate and William, but I don't know how she can tolerate the controlled life she must lead. Every day is mapped out. She knows today what she will be doing a year from now. good for her for hanging in. I couldn't live that way. In any case, I never dreamed of being carried away by a prince. That's the truth. I always dreamed of carrying mySELF away with myself own education and career. The surprise for me was that along the way -- early! near the end of my senior year in college! -- I met my husband, who IS a prince among men. I wasn't even looking, but there he was. So, I ended up with it all-- the happy career and the happy marriage! Wow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would do it just for the jewelry!  Smiley Happy

Everything in life is a trade-off. Yes, there are inconvenience and boy, I sure wouldn't want to wear heels all the time either (her espadrilles/wedges aren't so bad though).   Think of what an interesting life she is having, with all the travels, private showings/tours, the interesting people she is meeting, things that are available to her that aren't to most of the rest of the world.

On the other hand, the biggest downside is not the heels, it's this world of terrorism.  If someone really wants to do something horrendous, that person will find a way. I'd worry constantly about those children. 

But the jewelry-------yessssssssss!  Oh, and getting to meet Sir Paul McC. if I wanted to.  Smiley Happy  He'd come and do a "command performace" at the palace, I'm sure. 

Honored Contributor

She wanted it. She CHOSE that life.  She took the burden knowing what was involved. I  do not feel sorry for her at all. 

Valued Contributor

The jewels would just about do it for me.  Diamond encrusted scepter in my hand....

libby's folly
Valued Contributor

What's worse ... Kate must curtsy to this!  

Image result for kate has to curtsy to camilla . protocol

@SeaMaiden@qualitygal @Pearlee @libbyannE @chrystaltree

Trusted Contributor

@mercyMe ACCCCCCCKKKK! LOLOL Ya know you made me spit my coffee on my monitor LOL. ACK!!

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

What's worse ... Kate must curtsy to this!  

Image result for kate has to curtsy to camilla . protocol

@SeaMaiden@qualitygal @Pearlee @libbyannE @chrystaltree

Not if she's with Prince William I've read. I can't wait to see what happens when Prince Charles ascends.

Esteemed Contributor

I would not want to be in her shoes -- literally or figuatively.  I know the Brits love their Royal family.  But I have to wonder how much good they really do.  They have massive wealth, and spend a fortune on their lifestyle and  traveling around the world making speeches and appearances.  How much of their wealth do they give away to good causes?  Are they really making lives better, or just giving people a temporary thrill when they see them in person?  I am sure the merchants love them with all the cr@p sold with their images on them.  I am just thinking out loud here ....

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Only if he likes older women.

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to keep that ultra slim figure. Sometimes it seems like Kate is following in the footsteps of Diana, i.e., maintaining an ultra slim silhouette so that the media don't criticize. Eating disorders immediately come to mind.