Respected Contributor

@LTT1:  Lolakimino has great taste.  Maybe she will see and offer up her expert guidance.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Your dress is stunning! I love the color! Are you a blonde? I agree with shoe number one, sometimes sling backs can get caught in the hem. Congratulations!

@Mermaid22:  Thank you so much.  My DS's fiancee picked "eggplant" as her colors, and I wanted something in the family.  Her mom is wearing navy so needed to keep it somwhat "darker" than pastel colors.  No, I am not a blonde but a brunette and wondered if it would be too dark on me but absolutely love it.  Great point on slingbacks too.  You all are helping me see things beyond the dress which I am thankful for.

@Hoovermom

I would also be afraid that the stones themselves on the slingbacks may catch/snag on the fabric of the dress.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I would stick with a darker shoe like the first.You want to draw attention up to the top of that beautiful dress (and you).   I would break a leg in that second pair but they certainly are wow. 

Respected Contributor

I would wear a shoe the exact color of the dress...a dyeable shoe. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I would wear a shoe the exact color of the dress...a dyeable shoe. 

@Janey2:  I was not aware that dyeable shoes were still around.  I got married 41 years ago and bridesmaids did that.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Another thought....how about a silver shoe and very small silver bag.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Another thought....how about a silver shoe and very small silver bag.

@Janey2:  I already own a pair of silver evening shoes but was steered away from it from the consultant because of the contrast of the dress vs. shoes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you help me decide?

[ Edited ]

I like the closed toe better it is a cleaner look and you might be able to get away with no stockings and pedicure that way 

cleaner as in streamlined and  focus on the dress which is beautiful 

I wouldn't go with matching color,  

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom. I prefer the natural toned shoe. Being practical, you’re more likely to be able to wear them again with other dresses.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

I like the closed toe better it is a cleaner look and you might be able to get away with no stockings and pedicure that way 

cleaner as in streamlined and  focus on the dress which is beautiful 

I wouldn't go with matching color,  

@jackthebear:  I really don't think much of the shoe is going to show.  All the points that have been brought up about snagging on the dress is leading me away from anything with "bling" or even slingback with the buckle on them.  I was not going to wear any hose but use foot petals to keep feet/toes in place.  Thank for your help.