Respected Contributor

I am going to be the "Mother of the Groom" in a couple of months and thrilled for my DS.  My dress is picked out  

115968 by Mon Cheri

but I am having trouble picking out shoes.  The Bridal consultant suggested taupe/nude shoes to not distract from the dress which I agree with.  At this point in my life, I cannot do 3-4" heels.  Here are the ones that I have picked out:

Product image
Do you think I should be looking at another color?  Thanks for your input.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can you help me decide?

[ Edited ]

What a beautiful dress! I agree, neutral shoe is perfect. You don’t want your feet to steal the show. Both those shoes are pretty, but from a practical standpoint I’m thinking the first one would be better. You will be on your feet a lot, probably dancing, walking around visiting, etc. and they look more comfortable than the shoes with the open back.

Just curious, without neckline I would probably not wear any jewelry except maybe earrings. What are you planning?

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you help me decide?

[ Edited ]

Thats a beautiful dress and I think the first shoe would be the best, very elegant with just a hint of zing.

Just had an after thought, do you need a higher heal to keep the dress from draging the floor?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I like the first one best. Looks more comfortable and you could probably wear them on other occasions. Gorgeous dress.

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Suewrote:

What a beautiful dress! I agree, neutral shoe is perfect. You don’t want your feet to steal the show. Both those shoes are pretty, but from a practical standpoint I’m thinking the first one would be better. You will be on your feet a lot, probably dancing, walking around visiting, etc. and they look more  than the shoes with the open back.

Just curious, without neckline I would probably not wear any jewelry except maybe earrings. What are you planning?

@Another new name Sue:  You are right about being on my feet most of the night and want to be comfortable.  I was leaning toward the first one too but like the little bit of bling on the last one.  As far as a jewelry, I am only going to wear diamond studs and tennis bracelet, and no necklace.  There are "sparkles" on the neckline and would get messed up in the necklace.  Don't need to be fidgeting with anything other than the tissue I am going to need to wipe the tears of joy from my eyes.  Thank you so much for your input.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the other ladies and go with the first shoe. I love it and will go with other things after the wedding. You will look stunning. Congrats and have fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely!  I like the first shoe with that dress - just a peek from under the gown will be nice, and the netting detail is in both pieces..  The other shoe is pretty, but I would say the jewelry detail could be lost most of the time.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom: Congrats! I was MOG last summer. Exciting!

Both shoes are beautiful. Try both and see which is more comfortable.

Have you chosen a bag? I think the look of your clutch is even more important. On full display as you make your grand entrance! I found mine at TJ Maxx and I knew it was The One the minute I laid eyes on it.

Have fun choosing your accessories and prepping for the Big Day.

Pretty dress!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Thats a beautiful dress and I think the first shoe would be the best, very elegant with just a hint of zing.

Just had an after thought, do you need a higher heal to keep the dress from draging the floor?

@Imaoldhippie:  Thank you so much.  As far as the hemline, I am having it altered where I am not constantly pulling on it to ensure I am not tripping on it.  Thanks for your vote on the shoes, that was my first choice also but need a little help from you wonderful posters here.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I like the first one best. Looks more comfortable and you could probably wear them on other occasions. Gorgeous dress.

@Meowingkitty:   This was my second dress after deciding this was more "me".  The first shoe is getting the most positive feedback.  Thanks for your help and input.