Honored Contributor

Can you help me Ms. lolakimono

@lolakimono 

I have a friend who has a mother who fell and broke her jaw back few months. She was thin to begin with like 100 pds. Now, the poor old lady

is down to like 80 and she is 94. 

They won't let her shop at Dillards or any place because if she would catch corona the outcome could be fatal.

She now wears a 2 or maybe a 4.   Her daughter doesn't know where to look for clothes for an eldery lady. Money is not a concern. My 1st thought was Bob Mackie I think he might have some XXsmalls.

Can you suggest where they can go and look online for clothes that might interest a lady that age ?   I have no idea.

Thank You for your advice !

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you help me Ms. lolakimono

@SharkE 

I'm 110 lbs. and wear a 2, so a 4 would be too big for her, she probably needs a 0 or 2, but definitely an XXS or XXXsmall.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Cant someone go to Dillards, select some clothes and take them to her to try?  What kind of things does she want?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE If I may make a suggestion, for soft quality things, that would also launder well, I'd look at "T" by Talbots.

It's all soft leisure wear.  Having worked in clothing for so long, I am aware of other athleisure, but not with the comfort level.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@lolakimono 

I have a friend who has a mother who fell and broke her jaw back few months. She was thin to begin with like 100 pds. Now, the poor old lady

They won't let her shop at Dillards or any place because if she would catch corona the outcome could be fatal.

She now wears a 2 or maybe a 4.   Her daughter doesn't know where to look for clothes for an eldery lady. Money is not a concern. My 1st thought was Bob Mackie I think he might have some XXsmalls.

Can you suggest where they can go and look online for clothes that might interest a lady that age ?   I have no idea.

@SharkE  What is her height?  

Esteemed Contributor

Sometime ago I had medical things and weighted about she does.

There are stores which generally cater to younger ladies which go down to 000.  I have never seen a smaller women's size, I looked.

The sizing on junior clothing runs smaller too.  The other place to go is to the girl's section.  

You are not going find anything at Q and at that weight she is not a 2.

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@lolakimono 

@SharkE  What is her height?  

5 ft maybe.  They looked at Juniors, but, at her  age they didn't attract her. She's classic,  loves  jewelry . I may get in trouble here, but, don't older women like  colors like fushia, flowerly prints in blouses, loud colors, etc.

Poor old thing Dr. wired her jaw and told her to drink lots of  shakes she had to get her wgt. up. She's so thin and frail. She always liked to shop and now that she's been house bound except Dr. visits she's depressed to boot. Just so sad. She was on way to mailbox and tripped and fell and hit her  jaw hard. She always like to get packages from UPS man,  etc.

Is there shops (I wouldn't know LOL) that cater to the tiny folk ?

Honored Contributor

If price is a consideration, have her or her family check out lunchtime and primetime specials.  I notice the XXS and the XS are the last to go.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

What I would suggest is a bit unorthodox, but it should work.

I don't know what she has in mind for someone that age, but I would look at the places like GAP and Land's End that carry kids' uniform basics.

These pieces are from GAP, and it looks like she could take a girls' XL or XXL.  What I like about ordering from the kids' department is that on the chart it has weight and height, so she should be able to get a good fit.

They have other blouse type items too-

Kids Floral Ruffle Top

You just have to look at the offerings, because she probably doesn't want glittery unicorns wearing roller skates, but there are some basic pieces that would work for her.

If she wants less structured pieces, they have those too.  

Honored Contributor

I'm feeling very sad about what happened to this elderly lady.  Breaks my heart.  Heart

Wishing her a quick and complete recovery.

Lola: Excellent idea!

I've shopped in the Young Men's Dept. of various stores.  For hooded tops, casual pants, etc.

I love the floral blouse.  Very, very nice.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).