Super Contributor

Re: Can you criticize the product on the air?

I have never heard anyone be critical of an item on QVC, HSN or Shop HQ, and if they did, I am sure the host would cut them off.

Honored Contributor

When I look up the definition of "testimonial", it certainly doesn't sound like that's what a person would do if they called the "testimonial" line.

Honored Contributor

Exactly what constitutes ""looks like it will pill"" ? I did not know you could see that things are going to pill in the future. maybe the OP has ESP.

Valued Contributor

I think all opinions should be allowed. Pretty one sided otherwise. As to sweaters ""snagging easily"" not always your fault. I bought a sweater locally for a party and it snagged on absolutely everything. I could not believe it. Wore a couple of hours and tossed!

Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago, someone got through the screening process and told Rick off. I can,t remember what they said, but they were cut off. I kept thinking was this a friend on the side ?
Respected Contributor

If you tell the screener you purchased an item and you are happy with it you get through tot the host. You can then say something like I was so happy to get this sweater but it snags very easily, any suggestions? You at least get a point out there.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I'm sure they screen the callers. I'm also quite sure the screener asks whether or not you are excited about your purchase. That's because callers so often seem to mention how excited they are. Seems like they are prompted--consciously or not. If you say no you're not excited, I bet they send you back to customer service.

And if you lie your way onto the air, that's what the broadcast delay and commercial breaks are there for. Too much money is being made or lost per second to allow a disgruntled caller to completely undo the spell they're trying to weave.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 qvcaddition said: Many years ago, someone got through the screening process and told Rick off. I can,t remember what they said, but they were cut off. I kept thinking was this a friend on the side ?

OMG, I remember that!! He said something like, "Oh, can this be someone from the 'Southern Channel?'" He handled it very well. The caller was vicious and got a lot in before it was over. It was a long time ago because I was fairly new to the Q and was shocked! The person was attacking Rick personally, not the product. It was ugly.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 12/22/2014 qvcaddition said: Many years ago, someone got through the screening process and told Rick off. I can,t remember what they said, but they were cut off. I kept thinking was this a friend on the side ?

OMG, I remember that!! He said something like, "Oh, can this be someone from the 'Southern Channel?'" He handled it very well. The caller was vicious and got a lot in before it was over. It was a long time ago because I was fairly new to the Q and was shocked! The person was attacking Rick personally, not the product. It was ugly.

I remember that too -- it was at least 7 or 8 years ago. It was a young woman, by the sound of her voice, and I remember her saying something like, "You think you are so big..." The caller was cut off and Rick was really flustered and shocked.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 millieshops said:

I wouldn't call - and if someone did get through, I'd take it as a sign she was ticked off at herself for snagging the top on a ring or a sliver.. I wouldn't think it was the fault of the garment.

I would like to know how OP figured out something might pill before it did. I know what fabrics snag easily, but I definitely don't know except for a very few kinds of fabric what might pill.

It snagged twice when I pulled it out of the package. I was wearing a bracelet. You can't wear jewelry with it. It was cheaply made and unusually thin for a sweater. My friend doesn't wear it and hasn't washed it.