Honored Contributor

Re: Can we look any sloppier?

@2blonde wrote:

@suzyQ3  I work at a college, and every day I see students (mostly girls) walking around in PJ pants and bedroom slippers.....seriously.  Now THAT'S sloppy.  BTW, it's winter here in NE Ohio!

@2blonde, I was referring to the real world. :-) But I wish I could have rolled out of bed and gone to my 8:00 a.m. Shakespeare class in such comfortable attire.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Some people do spend 24/7 in pajamas and slippers.  Just go out shopping in local stores and observe how some people are dressed. Especially in wally world.

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is anything sloppy looking about it . I see people (men and women) every day with that look and like it. I think my DD looks adorable in her jeans and half tuck top.

Sloppy to me is a dirty disheveled looking person.

Super Contributor

I think the half tuck looks okay on someone young and thin.

When I see Pat James Dementri do it, she looks like she is trying way too hard!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't like the half-tuck at first, but have learned to like it and do it -- like I do most new trends.  It takes me a long time to get on board sometimes.  But doubt I'll ever accept wearing pj's, slippers, and sloppy gym clothes out in public.  I take too much pride in my appearance. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

hate that look.  What immediately comes to mind is the wearer jumping up in the bathroom and rushing out.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ginirn wrote:

hate that look.  What immediately comes to mind is the wearer jumping up in the bathroom and rushing out.  

Exactly!  Add some toilet paper to a shoe to complete the look

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it on women or men.

True story:

My son and some of his buddies were at our house preparing to go out for the evening. He walked into the kitchen sporting that tucked-untucked look. He's tall with a slender athletic build. I looked at him and asked him if he knew his shirt was stuck in his waistband; kinda like when your pants/jean leg gets caught in your sock. That's not a great look you know?

"Tuck it all in or untuck it all but choose one!" I said to him as he walked out into the hall where his buddies where located. I turned into the hall to see him and all his buddies quickly untucking the front of their shirts. Off they went and haven't seen any of them sporting that look since.

Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of the half-tuck.  I don't think it is a "sloppy" look at all.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I'm a big fan of the half-tuck.  I don't think it is a "sloppy" look at all.

@Mj12, I like it too. I'm so youknowhat-retentive, though, that I have troubling making it look casual instead of fussed over. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland