Honored Contributor

What's with the partially tucked in shirt, usually in the front with the back loose?  The Texas Fixer Upper gal wore two shirts like this yesterday. I even saw one standing news anchor of a major network sporting this look.  Pretty soon we can spend the entire day in pajamas and slippers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can we look any sloppier?

That's been the fashion thing to do for almost a couple years now.  Nothing new.  If done correctly it can look OK.  I think they call it the half-tuck where you partially tuck in the shirt.

Honored Contributor

@depglass@Equuleus

At the airport recently, it appeared many had adopted the fashion attitude you speak of.

However, most looked more appropriate than the time we travelled before (summer). 

Perhaps it is because they were also wearing winter coats.

The use of poly fabrics now can look shabby.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

A woman came into my office today wearing that exact look...and looked very stylish! She was dressed in jeans and a shorter jacket, and had boots on. She had a very nice figure, which is (IMO) best for that look. I could not wear it myself, being plus-sized.

Respected Contributor

I actually started sporting that look myself many years ago.  It just became fashionable a couple years ago, which made me chuckle.  In my case, I'm very thin with a short torso and long legs.  Some long, loose tops just "consumed" me, and wearing them this way just looked better on me.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

i dont care for the look/style on myself, but i dont think others that do it look sloppy......is just a personal style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Quite a few years ago, when this style was just coming out, my sister and I were in a store speaking to the owner who we spoke to quite frequently.  All of a sudden my sister was whispering in her ear that part of her shirt was stuck in her pants and started to pull it out.  I tapped my sister's arm and told her that was a new style.  My sister looked at me like I had 2 heads.  The poor owner looked a bit mortified.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont care for the look/style on myself, but i dont think others that do it look sloppy......is just a personal style.

I have seen young men do this with tee shirts.  I don't think it is a sloppy look.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Done right I like this look on me. I think it's better if the shirttail isn't too long in the back. I do this every so oft in the warmer weather.

Honored Contributor

Awesome!

So ‘get off my lawn!’

Every decade throughout the beginning of time has had 

their adult impression of ‘sloppy’.

You just know at one time, a CaveLady was ‘tsk, tsking’

at all the CaveKids playing outside because their

lion cloth was too loose.

😄